Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Imagine if Borini eventually decided to go to Sunderland - pay £16m for Balotelli, receive £14m for Borini :lol:

saw poyet saying the other day he'd spoken to borini and he had no problem signing for sunderland, or words to that effect, i wonder if liverpool have been holding the transfer back pending getting another striker in?

None of the top tier strikers were interested. I know I would rather take a punt on Balotelli for that price than Shane Long or Ross McCormack.

Without sounding all NUFC, over 4 years I bet Liverpool pay Balotelli £20-25m more than the other two get. He'll be on about £100k a week more at least. That's before sign-on fees etc.

Great signing for Liverpool imo by the way but that's a simplistic way of putting things.

None of the top tier strikers were interested. I know I would rather take a punt on Balotelli for that price than Shane Long or Ross McCormack.

Without sounding all NUFC, over 4 years I bet Liverpool pay Balotelli £20-25m more than the other two get. He'll be on about £100k a week more at least. That's before sign-on fees etc.

Great signing for Liverpool imo by the way but that's a simplistic way of putting things.

I know but it's still amazing price. They were running out of options and getting a top class striker at this point of summer for £16m is great business. I was just responding to hakka's post that they should've looked elsewhere when there really aren't many options left when the season has already started/starting soon.

I'm honestly chuffed that he's over here again. Some people might think he's tiresome and he probably will be eventually, but the league needs lunatics like him, it's mint. He's a class player too when he can be arsed.

x139018

I know but it's still amazing price. They were running out of options and getting a top class striker at this point of summer for £16m is great business. I was just responding to hakka's post that they should've looked elsewhere when there really aren't many options left when the season has already started/starting soon.

Aye, think Balotelli was the upper ceiling of what Liverpool can attract. Think he'll do well tbh. Shame they couldn't wrap the deal up this morning so he can make his debut at City on Monday.