Other clubs' transfers

TBG

They are getting an absolute fortune for these players though.

What's the point?

They've had their whole side ripped apart. And without those players and the manager who was presiding over their 'project', they're not going to go out and attract immediate top quality players.

Southampton have always been a selling club, only difference now is they are getting the absolute maximum for them. £46m for shaw and chambers is incredible. £45m for lovern & lallana equally insane.

Cant argue with the money Southampton are getting. Irrelevant if they dont reinvest in the team though.

Really saps the soul out of a club and dont we know it.

I though the general on consensus on Southampton was that this was asset stripping before the owner sells up, having inherited a business she has no interest in?

I'm pretty sure the club still owes a lot of money from a few years back when the club nearly went bust. I think their creditors are taking most of what they are taking in player sales.

Guest neesy111

I though the general on consensus on Southampton was that this was asset stripping before the owner sells up, having inherited a business she has no interest in?

I'm pretty sure the club still owes a lot of money from a few years back when the club nearly went bust. I think their creditors are taking most of what they are taking in player sales.

Nope, they owe transfer fees from the last few years around 30m.  No other debt needs to be paid by them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/gossip/

The Toffees are also exploring the possibility of re-signing Monaco forward Lacina Traore, 23, on loan. Times (subscription only)

Monaco loaned him out as soon as they bought him last January. If it is true that they are willing to loan him out for this season why did they sign him in the first place? They obviously have no intention to play him. The likes of Monaco, Chelsea and Man City are ruining football by buying players they don't even need or intend to use.

Guest bimpy474

Arsenal are buying Chambers for nearly double (depending on what you believe they paid for Debuchy) on a young RB to be the back up to Debuchy, football in this country is fucking mental.

Guest bimpy474

It's ridiculous money for a kid who's played 20 odd games and not even capped by the u21s. He might turn out good eventually but still.

And just about the only thing Pardew has said that makes sense, English kids are way overpriced.

Of all the people in that squad, I figured they'd be able to hold on to Chambers. He wasn't even first-choice last season and would get plenty more games this season. He ought to stay if he wants to continue his development. As someone said before, it's the wrong move for everyone involved.

Surprised nobody has gone in for Ward-Prowse, always stood out for me whenever I saw them.

Of all the people in that squad, I figured they'd be able to hold on to Chambers. He wasn't even first-choice last season and would get plenty more games this season. He ought to stay if he wants to continue his development. As someone said before, it's the wrong move for everyone involved.

Surprised nobody has gone in for Ward-Prowse, always stood out for me whenever I saw them.

:thup: always seems like a quality player to me.

Arsenal are buying Chambers for nearly double (depending on what you believe they paid for Debuchy) on a young RB to be the back up to Debuchy, football in this country is fucking mental.

there was a great article ages back in one of the broadsheets juxtaposing unfettered rampant capitalism in the city (houses bought and not lived in in london, the deregulated financial markets etc.) to the english football scene...it was totally bang on

until some limits are imposed on it from somewhere it's going to eat itself and in 10-20 years time england will be on a par with latvia

Guest bimpy474

there was a great article ages back in one of the broadsheets juxtaposing unfettered rampant capitalism in the city (houses bought and not lived in in london, the deregulated financial markets etc.) to the english football scene...it was totally bang on

until some limits are imposed on it from somewhere it's going to eat itself and in 10-20 years time england will be on a par with latvia

Not that i suspect it'll ever happen but if the TV money disappeared or was reduced, the arse would fall out of our game financially.

Not that i suspect it'll ever happen but if the TV money disappeared or was reduced, the arse would fall out of our game financially.

well, obviously...but it's all related to the same shit...the germans would never sell their souls to TV, spain is slightly different as they probably would be 2 clubs own it all anyways

after that who cares...

long story short i hope we're all strapped in for decades of failure at the only level that really matters :lol:

Guest bimpy474

well, obviously...but it's all related to the same shit...the germans would never sell their souls to TV, spain is slightly different as they probably would be 2 clubs own it all anyways

after that who cares...

long story short i hope we're all strapped in for decades of failure at the only level that really matters :lol:

:sadnod: