Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Some players must go to these clubs knowing it's unlikely that they will get a game for them but also it's likely that they will be loaned out where they are getting first team football and someone is still paying their massive wages. In that case it's pretty much a win win situation.

True, but honestly most players do not have the mentality to think, " I am not good enough for the top level and should stay at a smaller club for playing time". They genuinely think they can make it at these clubs. Rodwell for example had probably 100 appearances for a big club and was an England international at 21. What reason does a player like that have not to be ambitious?

Aly Cissokho.

I said to my brother tonight, "I honestly don't know anything about him"

My brother said: "You remember when we played Liverpool last season, and we both agreed that their left back was one of the worst defenders we'd ever seen? The one where you said he made Alan Hutton look like Cafu? That one?"

"Yes?"

"That's him".

That's three left backs bought and one loaned for a season from Lambo in two years. Meanwhile, if I rocked up at the training ground tomorrow, I reckon I'd be at least a contender to get into our midfield.

Some players must go to these clubs knowing it's unlikely that they will get a game for them but also it's likely that they will be loaned out where they are getting first team football and someone is still paying their massive wages. In that case it's pretty much a win win situation.

True, but honestly most players do not have the mentality to think, " I am not good enough for the top level and should stay at a smaller club for playing time". They genuinely think they can make it at these clubs. Rodwell for example had probably 100 appearances for a big club and was an England international at 21. What reason does a player like that have not to be ambitious?

I am of the same opinion; if you believe you're good enough, there's no reason to reject an offer from a big club.

West Ham getting Morgan Amalfitano.

On a free too

Good player... What are WBA thinking?

He was only on loan at WBA, back at Marseille now.

Still, seems strange that Marseille are willing to let him go for nowt.

West Ham getting Morgan Amalfitano.

On a free too

Good player... What are WBA thinking?

He was only on loan at WBA, back at Marseille now.

Still, seems strange that Marseille are willing to let him go for nowt.

Thanks... Surprised we didn't go for him as he would give us some much needed creativity and composure...

Chambers is a CB by trade though there's talk of him being used as a DM.

Though he played RB for Saints, either way surely they're going to get another in, despite Wengers hatred of buying of non attacking midfielders.

Speaking of DMs, I see that Makelele is manager of Bastia now. One of their signings in the summer was Gillet from Anderlecht on loan.

You could say Gillet, the best that Mak could get.

Piss off.