Other clubs' transfers

TBG

I don't think this is as terrible a move as being made out. He's very very young. He doesn't need to be playing every game right now. He gets to train at Real Madrid with all manner of class players and coaches. So it goes tits up in four years time? He goes somewhere for big money at the age of 20. Plenty of time to become a star.

Name me a young player who came through Madrid as a teenager and actually made something of himself?

It's a s*** move really, but tbf to Madrid I'd consider it a s*** move for him to join any of the powerhouses of European football.

Probably the biggest club he should be joining at this stage is probably Ajax, anything else shouldn't even be considered. Good luck to him but I can't see this ending too well and the hype around him in general is quite upsetting in general.

Carvahal only spent 1 year out. Casillas. Arbeloa. Varane has been handled well. Sergio Ramos joined at 19. Jese Rodriguez is a big talent. The lanky lad whose name I always forget that went to Juventus.

The Madrid youth academy is made to look bad by La Masia but it does a decent job. It provides primarily the Spanish league with lots of talented players.

The Real Madrid academy is actually very productive. Juan Mata, Alvaro Negredo, Jurado, Bueno, Ruben De la Red, Callejon, Javi Garcia, Soldado, Joselu etc. all came through the ranks there and that's just naming a few of the most recent.

Eto'o ffs. Eto'o! Won't somebody please think of Samuel Eto'o.

Who had to leave the club to find playing time.

Aye, they all do. He did alright in the long run, no? Didn't completely DESTROY HIS YOUNG CAREER IIRC.

I don't think this is as terrible a move as being made out. He's very very young. He doesn't need to be playing every game right now. He gets to train at Real Madrid with all manner of class players and coaches. So it goes tits up in four years time? He goes somewhere for big money at the age of 20. Plenty of time to become a star.

Name me a young player who came through Madrid as a teenager and actually made something of himself?

It's a s*** move really, but tbf to Madrid I'd consider it a s*** move for him to join any of the powerhouses of European football.

Probably the biggest club he should be joining at this stage is probably Ajax, anything else shouldn't even be considered. Good luck to him but I can't see this ending too well and the hype around him in general is quite upsetting in general.

Carvahal only spent 1 year out. Casillas. Arbeloa. Varane has been handled well. Sergio Ramos joined at 19. Jese Rodriguez is a big talent. The lanky lad whose name I always forget that went to Juventus.

The Madrid youth academy is made to look bad by La Masia but it does a decent job. It provides primarily the Spanish league with lots of talented players.

Really scratching the barrel there :lol:

Ramos was already playing in La Liga before he joined so it's hardly the same, Varane hasn't been handled that well tbh and again he had top flight experience before joining them.

We don't if anything will become of Jese or Morata yet and we had about as much effect on Carrick's career as Madrid did on Arbeloa.

He's 16 years old, it's stupid for him to join any big club at this point and Barca have a great rep too but I'd include them in this also.

Good luck to him but it's very likely going to end badly.

You said name a player to come through Madrid as a teenager, there's loads. Both purchased from abroad or from the youth academy.

Arbeloa was with Madrid from 16-21 - same as this kid and he turned out okay. Terrible example. Juan Mata 4 years. Soldado 6 years. Borja Valero & Javi Garcia for over a decade. Juan Fran 4 years.

Playing 20 times for a second-rate Ligue 1 club is hardly solid preparation for joining Madrid at 19.

Joining Madrid is perfectly fine fro the lad. If he doesn't get game time over the next few years he'll be loaned out or maybe even sold with a buy-back clause before he's 21. Madrid don't tend to hoard young HG players like a Chelsea/City because a. they get the cream of the Spanish crop b. their youth system is pretty good.

I remember people saying joining Real was a bad move for Isco. He ended up playing over 50 times last season.

Think the Castilla thing is silly mind.

Real Madrid have a pretty good academy, they just don't make it there.

I agree that at this lad's age he'd be better off at another club. But it's hard to resist when you're 16 and these big clubs come calling.

Aye - they get pretty good fees for them too which allows Madrid to continually invest in the youth set-up for free basically. It's a pretty good academy and they're decent at bringing through youngsters.

It's a long way from Bayern's or La Masia. But certainly better than anything from England. Except maybe Arsenal who until very recently - rarely produce a British player.

Should have gone to Arsenal. The only high level club that really plays youngsters consistently.

Ajax?

Arsenal are higher up than Ajax in terms of the competition he'll play against though. Fantastic club though, yes.

Should have gone to Arsenal. The only high level club that really plays youngsters consistently.

Man Utd

Ha! No chance. They've packed that all in now. Trying to keep up with Man City and Chelsea's crass behaviour.

It's funny, because Januzaj looked a real gem, and would have developed far more if he was playing more, which he kind of earned the right to a couple of season's back. Now the guy is gathering dust behind Mata, Di Maria, Herrera, Rooney, Van Persie and Falcao.

Guest Roger Kint

Sky Sports News HQ ‏@SkySportsNewsHQ 1m1 minute ago

Reports from Spain: Victor Valdes set to sign for Man Utd

De Gea to Real?

Doubt it, 18 month deal so he will be De Gea's number 2.

De Gea to Real?

Man, wish we'd sign him :lol: hell sign anyone to be Krul's backup.

Guest Roger Kint

De Gea to Real?

Man, wish we'd sign him :lol: hell sign anyone to be Krul's backup.

Read loads of people on FB & twitter saying we should have got him on emergency loan before Cristmas, can you loan a free agent? :lol:

Would have been great for the rest of the season(if Krul was out longer that is)