Other clubs' transfers

TBG

If they fucked Giroud off and signed a top class striker they'd win the league easy

This isn't a serious post is it?

Why not? If they had Aguero up tops for them they'd walk it.

Disagree personally, but I appreciate your viewpoint.

If they fucked Giroud off and signed a top class striker they'd win the league easy

Agree with you but they would need Coquelin and Bellerin to keep up their form from last year too

Agree with you but they would need Coquelin and Bellerin to keep up their form from last year too

Fair point. They played like some of the best players in their positions in the league and I'm not convinced both can keep it up long term (Coquelin in particular seemed a bit too much like a perfect storm).

I still think you put a top class striker infront of that midfield and they're as good as there. They only conceded 4 goals less than Chelsea last season, the defence is passable in an era of poor CBs.

I'd hate to see Aguero leave the Premier league, as much as I dislike Man City.

There are more Real Madrid games on TV than Man City games I'd guess

Probably, but I don't really tend to watch much else other than the premier league. Sunday afternoon on the couch after playing football, watching two (usually shite) premier league games is where it's at :lol:

Fair point. They played like some of the best players in their positions in the league and I'm not convinced both can keep it up long term (Coquelin in particular seemed a bit too much like a perfect storm).

I still think you put a top class striker infront of that midfield and they're as good as there. They only conceded 4 goals less than Chelsea last season, the defence is passable in an era of poor CBs.

Whilst Coquelin is probably not good enough they (and he) can get away with it a lot because their other central midfielders are so good on the ball. All he needs to do is hold his position to be better than any of the other options they have holding because they're all indisciplined or finished.

Could probably get away with playing Santi-Wilshere-Ramsay/Ozil in a midfield 3 against the dross who will haemorrhage the ball like us at home.

Guest chopey

If krul gets his move to London heavyweights crystal palace I think ospina would be a good replacement

Don't really buy any of that. Cech is obviously an upgrade on Ospina and was no doubt a great keeper but this idea that he's still in his prime and can guide them to the league is laughable.

Unless he has detoriated badly in last season by not playing he is, he was fantastic the season before last and made something like 84% of shots :lol:

It's a fantastic signing but they are still a couple short because Wenger will no doubt fuck it up in someway.

Save percentage? We're not seriously using that nowadays?

Stats is a mental way to measure how good a goalkeeper is, probably even more mental than trying to do it for any other position.

:thup:

Only stats I can accept are "fuck ups" and "belta saves".

Arsenal should just offer Zlatan whatever he wants.

FFP marra. Need to get their English quota higher too. Probably better business to drop £25m on Troy Deeney instead. #ModernFootball.

Cech is only 33, no reason why he can't have a fair few more seasons of his best if played regularly.

Yup, Man Utd signed Van der Sar when he was 34

van der Sar played 4 god damn seasons at Fulham too :lol: 7 million pounds for him. And then for 2 million to Man Utd. Genuinely bemused if a keeper is playing that good still that people aren't breaking necks to get a top class guy in.

Stats is a mental way to measure how good a goalkeeper is, probably even more mental than trying to do it for any other position.

Yeah because someone saves 84% of all saves shot at them in a season, its an irrelevant stat.

Yeah because someone saves 84% of all saves shot at them in a season, its an irrelevant stat.

Agree with ponsaelius like. Given that he's at Chelsea, how many of those shots are from clearcut chances, from outside the box because the opposition can't get near them, etc.