Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Why can't players ever just be lauded for their abilities without needlessly being ranked on some bullshit hierarchy? I know it would kill the non-burgeoning careers of many an armchair analyst.

Why can't players ever just be lauded for their abilities without needlessly being ranked on some bullshit hierarchy? I know it would kill the non-burgeoning careers of many an armchair analyst.

True.  My initial post was to convey that there's only truly a very small handful of players in the world that I feel could improve RM.  Accepting my own bias that I pretty much consider every regular RM player - elite in his position with little margin for improvement. 

While the balance of the side has been harmed. The introduction of Kroos has made the teams ability to control games with the ball against top opposition even better.  He's better on the ball than I thought - better than Alonso in that regard. 

True.  My initial post was to convey that there's only truly a very small handful of players in the world that I feel could improve RM.  Accepting my own bias that I pretty much consider every regular RM player - elite in his position with little margin for improvement. 

While the balance of the side has been harmed. The introduction of Kroos has made the teams ability to control games with the ball against top opposition even better.  He's better on the ball than I thought - better than Alonso in that regard. 

:thup:

And this is an entirely different, and valid, argument. Whether or not a certain player would be better suited for a team's style over another. Doesn't mean either player is "better" than the other.

Iniesta, Rakitic, Vidal, Pogba, Ozil, De Rossi, Matuidi for me at least are better CMs....Doesn't mean I'm right though, just opinion.

Correct, you're not right.

Aye, some of those players are nowhere near Modric

:thup:

And this is an entirely different, and valid, argument. Whether or not a certain player would be better suited for a team's style over another. Doesn't mean either player is "better" than the other.

Very true.

Leicester City have today (Thursday) agreed with the representatives of Jamie Vardy to extend the England international’s contract with the Premier League champions for a further four years.

Both parties hope that this announcement will end recent speculation regarding Jamie’s future and confirm his long term commitment to Leicester City Football Club.

Read more at http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/2016-17/leicester-city-statement-jamie-vardy-3150830.aspx#OGWXok5w5u7eoWvv.99

If they've given him a big pay rise to reflect last year which is likely, then there's no need for him to.

Well there's no financial need, but you have to think Leicester have peaked and he could go to a bigger club and/or a different country even. Not that I'm saying he wants to, just would be tempting if I was him.

Wouldn't be surprised if the games England have played have been a factor in his decision. Probably quite rightly doesn't fancy playing his game against a back ten on a regular basis.

Wouldn't be surprised if the games England have played have been a factor in his decision. Probably quite rightly doesn't fancy playing his game against a back ten on a regular basis.

Good point, hadn't really thought about that. Arsenal would certainly be a challenge, for him and Wenger.

Dunno where it leaves Arsenal in regards to a striker (again).  Seems Morata and Vardy were their two main targets

Benzema.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/avs/avatar_308_1353591213.png