Other clubs' transfers

TBG

The thought of an MLS team turning down Rio Ferdinand is fairly hilarious like.

:lol: Proper funny.

He would walk into the Philadelphia Union team, I can tell you that much. In any position he desired.

The league doesn't grow at all by bringing over washed-up 35-year CBs with chronic injury concerns.

And based on his performance the past two seasons, he really wouldn't add much. It's not the same MLS as when Beckham arrived, nor even when Henry came over just a few years ago.

Bayer Leverkusen have secured the services of Nürnberg striker Josip Drmic for a fee believed to be around €6million. The 21-year-old Switzerland international, who scored 17 times for relegated Nürnberg this season, put pen to paper on a contract that will keep him at the Rhineland club until June 2019.

I revealed this in the rumours thread a few days ago  :snod:

It feels like the same MLS at PPL Park.

Yes, we know you're hopelessly pessimistic about MLS.

I'd be a lot more optimistic if they didn't charge $10 for a fried potato and $11 for bud light. If they're going to charge premium prices, they should consider putting on something better than Conference football.

I'd also appreciate it if they stopped lying about the attendances too.

"I'm sorry, Rio is it? But what exactly do you feel you can bring to this fine club, the Portland Timbers?"

:lol: Sure someone mentioned Bradley Wright-Phillips banging in a hat-trick in the MLS a few days ago.

His 2nd of the season. He is the top scorer. He is the Luis Suarez of MLS.