Other clubs' transfers

TBG

I'm a TFC fan and I can vouch that the MLS 'experience' is akin to going to a party where everyone's pretending the girl who's hosting it is hot. And when you get there you find out all her friends are ugly as well, barring one of two out of towners or new faces that intrigue you in the passing. So you end up staying for the drinks and camaraderie.

I'm a TFC fan and I can vouch that the MLS 'experience' is akin to going to a party where everyone's pretending the girl who's hosting it is hot. And when you get there you find out all her friends are ugly as well, barring one of two out of towners or new faces that intrigue you in the passing. So you end up staying for the drinks and camaraderie.

:lol: :lol:  Is it really that bad ?

The irony of people constantly bitching and moaning about the injustices of European football while simultaneously slagging off a league that is competitive from top to bottom, extraordinarily well-run, and one of the fastest growing leagues in the world.

The quality isn't there though. And with regards to growth, what European leagues can grow so to speak? They're already established.

It might just crack the top 20 of European leagues in terms of quality. So yeah, it's not all there yet. Doesn't mean the games aren't entertaining and filled with talented players. I'd much rather watch a Seattle-Portland game than some of the fare served-up in the Premier League this season, including many of our own matches.

Fastest growing league that might crack the top 20 in Europe, making it possibly cracking the top 25 in the world? How fast must it grow before you can enjoy genuine quality in that league for you not to die before?

As soon as wages start rising and TV revenue starts flowing (and just today, MLS signed a major U.S. TV deal), it'll kick into overdrive. It'll never be on the same level as the Premier League, or La Liga, or Bundesliga. But an MLS on par with the Portuguese or Russian leagues isn't out of the question in the next 20 years.

Dat ambition :lol:

Deuce did you basically say Rio Ferdinand isn't good enough for the MLS? :lol:

I said he wouldn't really add anything to the league, and he wouldn't. He'd be around for two seasons at most while probably being out injured for most of the time. It's an MLS 1.0 move.

I said he wouldn't really add anything to the league, and he wouldn't. He'd be around for two seasons at most while probably being out injured for most of the time. It's an MLS 1.0 move.

Mate, Stephen Caldwell starts for us.

The irony of people constantly bitching and moaning about the injustices of European football while simultaneously slagging off a league that is competitive from top to bottom, extraordinarily well-run, and one of the fastest growing leagues in the world.

The quality isn't there though. And with regards to growth, what European leagues can grow so to speak? They're already established.

It might just crack the top 20 of European leagues in terms of quality. So yeah, it's not all there yet. Doesn't mean the games aren't entertaining and filled with talented players. I'd much rather watch a Seattle-Portland game than some of the fare served-up in the Premier League this season, including many of our own matches.

Fastest growing league that might crack the top 20 in Europe, making it possibly cracking the top 25 in the world? How fast must it grow before you can enjoy genuine quality in that league for you not to die before?

As soon as wages start rising and TV revenue starts flowing (and just today, MLS signed a major U.S. TV deal), it'll kick into overdrive. It'll never be on the same level as the Premier League, or La Liga, or Bundesliga. But an MLS on par with the Portuguese or Russian leagues isn't out of the question in the next 20 years.

I commissioner says the league's goal is to be the best in the world in 10 years, so :lol:

Don't know why that's anything to scoff at. Especially if it comes after just 40 years of the league's existence.

And how are you lot doing again? :lol:

It's fun! I avoid the midweek games as they're actually pretty shitty and it is almost always raining on a weeknight when they play, for some fucking reason.

It's a jolly good time if you discount how horseshit some of the players are. It's a bit like being Pardew, when one person does something remotely footballing-like, you feel like you've just witness magic.

We actually should be doing better! The signings we made were top notch and we have the best recruiter in the business.

It's fun! I avoid the midweek games as they're actually pretty shitty and it is almost always raining on a weeknight when they play, for some f***ing reason.

It's a jolly good time if you discount how horseshit some of the players are. It's a bit like being Pardew, when one person does something remotely footballing-like, you feel like you've just witness magic.

:lol:

It's fun! I avoid the midweek games as they're actually pretty shitty and it is almost always raining on a weeknight when they play, for some f***ing reason.

Fair enough, it doesn't sound too bad, are the ticket prices expensive ?

I would say I agree here with Deuce, at least for us, the prices are reasonable. But Toronto is a ridiculous city, if we make Playoffs I bet we'll have the most expensive tickets, as just happened in Basketball. We're a success-starved city who hasn't won shit in ages. The Leafs have a lot in common with Newcastle as we average one of the highest attendances in the league, with some of the highest ticket prices, but our last trophy was in 1967.

I can see TFC going down the same road. Our fans are really passionate, and to be honest, like Deuce, I do feel a kinship with the MLS to a certain degree. We are all a part of it, and we've done our bit for it to grow. I certainly cannot hate on it for trying. I will continue to go to games, it's definitely a good time out.

I do remember the time one of our strikers took a shot and it left the stadium and went into the parking lot, though. Lovely stuff, like I said.

We actually should be doing better! The signings we made were top notch and we have the best recruiter in the business.

It's the defense that's failing you guys. The injuries haven't helped much either.

I would say I agree here with Deuce, at least for us, the prices are reasonable. But Toronto is a ridiculous city, if we make Playoffs I bet we'll have the most expensive tickets, as just happened in Basketball. We're a success-starved city who hasn't won shit in ages. The Leafs have a lot in common with Newcastle as we average one of the highest attendances in the league, with some of the highest ticket prices, but our last trophy was in 1967.

I can see TFC going down the same road. Our fans are really passionate, and to be honest, like Deuce, I do feel a kinship with the MLS to a certain degree. We are all a part of it, and we've done our bit for it to grow. I certainly cannot hate on it for trying. I will continue to go to games, it's definitely a good time out.

I do remember the time one of our strikers took a shot and it left the stadium and went into the parking lot, though. Lovely stuff, like I said.

:lol: Felt so bad when Pierce blocked that shot, but it was so unbelievably inevitable.

What's your team, Deuce? Timbers?

I don't even really have a team. I half-heartedly supported D.C. as a kid (when they were good), but I stopped watching the league for a long time before coming back to it. I'll sometimes jump on the D.C. bandwagon when they get hot, but it's nice to be able to watch the games as a relative neutral.

Despite the last few pages, I really am a fairly even-keeled MLS supporter. Pure :anguish: listening to many American fans talk about the league, acting like MLS teams still aren't getting dicked every year by the Mexican clubs in the CL. :lol:

Chelsea :anguish:

Everything about the club is just so pathetic. Mourinho will still play his s**** mind games next year and say he hasn't got the right squad. Love how Moyes won more trophies than him this season and Rafa won more than last year him when he had a worse squad too.

Know nowt about it but I bet the Mexican league is needlessly complicated.

It does apertura and clausura, but that's really it.

And you can buy a team and move it wherever you feel like it as well.