Newcastle United vs sunderland - 01/02/14 @ 12.45pm (No TV)

TheGuv
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The only hope I have for this is that recent history says the over confident side often ends up losing..

Are they over confident though? You would (as a mackem fan) hope they wouldn't be.

Aye, in a similar vein, they say 'form goes out the window' in these matches, and it certainly has in the last two.

So with Sunderland (arguably) being the better form side going into tomorrow, lets hope the cliche comes good again.

The only hope I have for this is that recent history says the over confident side often ends up losing..

Are they over confident though? You would (as a mackem fan) hope they wouldn't be.

They've beat us the last two times. They have got to a cup final and are starting to put in some decent league performances to get out of the relegation zone.. We've just lost our best player and are missing some other key people. I'd think they would be confident going into this, though I don't know any Sunderland fans to say for sure. Usually it doesn't take much for them to get over confident about their chances.

They're ridiculously overconfident,  even for them. One of my makem workmates said he wasn't going to the derby because he was "sick of seeing us beat you lately"

The last time they were this arrogant going into a derby we dicked them 5-1, so hope thats an omen.

Guest neesy111

The timing of this derby couldn't be worse. The midweek games and a transfer deadline right before it has completely taken my mind off the dry bumming we're due tomorrow. I'm not even fucking nervous.

Same.

The timing of this derby couldn't be worse. The midweek games and a transfer deadline right before it has completely taken my mind off the dry bumming we're due tomorrow. I'm not even f***ing nervous.

Same.

Aye, I'm expecting a defeat. It kills the nerves at least.

Is Cisse likely to be fit for this one?

Doubt he'll be there, he got a flight out of the country on the same day we signed De Jong

They've beat us the last two times. They have got to a cup final and are starting to put in some decent league performances to get out of the relegation zone.. We've just lost our best player and are missing some other key people. I'd think they would be confident going into this, though I don't know any Sunderland fans to say for sure. Usually it doesn't take much for them to get over confident about their chances.

I'm still not confident