Clément Grenier

LRD

Offer more money you greedy fat b******.

You could tell my Pardew's press conference he already knew and just wait until Saturday when he comes out with his usual bile - the three cockney c***s are really just taking this p*ss out of all of us and yet some still support them - dumbfounds me why it really does

If we were really that serious about replacing Cabaye the business would have been done before we let Cabaye go.

Yeah totally agree

Have we every had a first bid accepted? Probably not even a second either. We probably bid 100k then 150k for Gouffran before coughing up. Until the Lyon president gets huffy and says we aren't dealing with NUFC anymore there won't be any movement on this one.

You could tell my Pardew's press conference he already knew and just wait until Saturday when he comes out with his usual bile - the three cockney c***s are really just taking this p*ss out of all of us and yet some still support them - dumbfounds me why it really does

If we were really that serious about replacing Cabaye the business would have been done before we let Cabaye go.

Yeah totally agree

The fact that cabaye had an agreement to leave in January after he refused to play, surely meant that the club knew a replacement was needed but no the hierarchy think differently and it just makes a total mockery of our transfer negotiations such as not putting in a bid before cabaye was sold.

Every transfer window, us the fans will continue to be lied about regarding possible ins and outs and it will never change, Its depressing and we deserve better.  :rant:   

Guest bimpy474

Yep, they knew Cabaye was off and have sat on their hands. Yet some still reckon we're mad to suggest they really had no intention of buying a replacement.

We have known since before the season started he wanted out. Any decent club would have ready scouted replacements for any player in the squad anyway, but having known he wanted out should have had plenty of options lined up.

We also apparently had this gentleman's agreement with Cabaye that he would be off. Our club is so below Amateur its unbelievable.

"We would need to bring someone in, that's for sure. You can't lose someone of his ability and not replace him. But we're going to need some time to do that. We've informed the club that are interested, and the agents that we're very conscious of that."

THIS was the plan? Start bidding for someone who

1. Doesn't seem as if he's willing to come and

2. Plays for a club with whom we hadn't even spoken to beforehand?

Amateur hour continues.

Yep, they knew Cabaye was off and have sat on their hands. Yet some still reckon we're mad to suggest they really had no intention of buying a replacement.

I be very surprised if either one is at the match on Saturday as I have a feeling things are going to hit breaking point with our fans

Nothing amateur about it to be honest but for the wrong reasons.

The club are playing both the fans and the media like a fiddle. They are executing the plan of asset strip to perfection whilst our apathetic supporters swallow up the rumours and leaks of who we aren't going to buy.

"We would need to bring someone in, that's for sure. You can't lose someone of his ability and not replace him. But we're going to need some time to do that. We've informed the club that are interested, and the agents that we're very conscious of that."

Yeah you have had seven months.. and thats without factoring in how many times he has been linked away before. Are scouts and Mr Carr not employed to have a list of replacements in place for every player we currently have in our squad? Is that unreasonable? Makes sense to me that we should at least have one or two names ready if we get a surprise bid in for players, not that Cabs was a surprise.

Yeah you have had seven months.. and thats without factoring in how many times he has been linked away before. Are scouts and Mr Carr not employed to have a list of replacements in place for every player we currently have in our squad? Is that unreasonable? Makes sense to me that we should at least have one or two names ready if we get a surprise bid in for players, not that Cabs was a surprise.

I remember them banging on about how we had each players replacements replacement lined up man  :lol:

We did nothing in advance of selling Cabaye as we want to play high stakes on deadline day. Ashley wants a deal on his terms or no deal at all and for that he needs to go to the wire. Lets hope they have some inside track on Lyon needing the money.