Clément Grenier

LRD

According to aulas, he wants to keep the team together, and they already rejected 14m bid for gonalons, so to get grenier, they are saying we would have to probably offer at least that. French press say our bid was 13.5 million euros.

It's just daft, like. We've got absolutely shitloads of money because we never spend more than we bring in. And we've brought in loads.

It's not the 'Arsenal model' either, or whatever cover-up hogwash it was they came out with a couple of years ago. It's the Newcastle model, because there isn't another club in the league who operates our transfer policy in the same way that we do.

Whenever the transfer window comes around I really do feel like a mug supporting a club like this - NUFC circa 2010-. A club that doesn't want to invest and achieve things. I know that the actual sport in the sport has gradually depreciated in 'necessity' since capitalism clutched the opportunity -  for everyone - particularly in this league - but I still don't think there's another team around with such an obvious willingness not to progress. I wish we had a modicum of ambition because the club, at the worst of times, has a lot of potential. Right now we're actually set up pretty well, certainly in terms of fanbase, financial stability and the crux of the playing staff. We could've made a genuine stab at the CL this year... and for us not to have spent a penny!?... just... buh. No sport. Hey ho.

This post could've gone in any thread, like. Dunno. Thursday morning whinge.

Good post. I thought you had to spend money to make money in football. I guess Ashley is happy with the amount of money finishing 7th to 17th brings in and wants nothing more for the future than to maintain that level. Yes we're safe but id swap positions right now with any of the clubs at the bottom because at least they are striving to improve themselves. I'm sick of it tbh pumping grands into this club each year for no ambition in return.

Guest Brazilianbob

We all know the club never had any intention of replacing Cabaye.  The muppets in charge are simply banking on us beating the mackems to make us forget Cabaye.  Unfortunately that's unlikely to happen with Remy suspended hence the ridiculous appeal against the red card.

You'd think that we might pursue another target just in case this one doesnt come off

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/pictures/2008/11/18/1227047905393/Joe-Kinnear-001.jpg

You'd think that we might pursue another target just in case this one doesnt come off

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/pictures/2008/11/18/1227047905393/Joe-Kinnear-001.jpg

Perfect. :lol:

You keep reading about how much Ashley likes a gamble, but I have never seen such a pussy of a football club owner. He shows absolutely no sign of a gamble when it comes to us. Go on you bloated twatface, take a risk and splash a bit of money.

Yes it makes you feel like punching his face so hard his cheeks would wobble for a week. Have a flutter you fat cunt.

Guest reefatoon

Nearly midday and no news of another bid being launched.

f*** a duck :dave:

The pubs are open now. Joe only does business before 11am.

I can almost, almost, see the argument behind only getting Remy in in the summer. It wasn't what we were hoping for, but when you look at the squad we had and the realistic transfer targets for our club, it was hard to improve on without a major investment - we had options at full back and centre back, central midfield was quite well stocked with Anita adjusting to the league and we brought in Remy to play up top. We probably could have done with another striker or winger/wide forward but we weren't looking too bad.

However, now is a completely different scenario. We've lost our best and most influential midfielder, Cisse seems completely incapable of doing anything productive on the pitch anymore, Jonas has gone (not a starter but was capable of filling and covering a lot of positions when injuries struck), Colo's injury problems persist and he will possibly be gone next year. And what do we do? Sod all apart from bring in another loan striker, and that is what is completely unacceptable. We have lots of weaknesses in the squad now (as evidenced by the state of our bench on Tuesday), we have lost our best player (and judging by his quotes we knew he was going to be a goner this month), and still we don't do anything and haggle over a couple of million here or there. Compared to the situation in the summer (which was frustrating enough in itself) it's absolutely incredible we still don't have a single permanent signing this season.