Newcastle United 0 - 4 Spurs - 12/02/14 - Post-match reaction from page 36

Mike

And to think I avoided the result to watch on Football First (only to be made aware by accident) I'm glad to save myself the bother now. Anyone still defending Pardew and Ashley? Gonna be a struggle to get to 40 points before the end of the season, nevermind 50. We are in free-fall - just glad we have as many points on the board as we do now, otherwise we would be fucked.

Also - the first time since 1987 that we have lost 4 home games on the bounce, Pardew sure does like breaking records!

Just got back. We were just thoroughly outplayed in every area really. When lloris pulled off that super save I knew that would be it for us in terms of luck.

It was mens against boys and we had no saviour from the bench. If things don't improve with remy and colo back, it's going to be an ugly remainder to the season.

Guest bimpy474

And to think I avoided the result to watch on Football First (only to be made aware by accident) I'm glad to save myself the bother now. Anyone still defending Pardew and Ashley? Gonna be a struggle to get to 40 points before the end of the season, nevermind 50. We are in free-fall - just glad we have as many points on the board as we do now, otherwise we would be fucked.

Also - the first time since 1987 that we have lost 4 home games on the bounce, Pardew sure does like breaking records!

First time since 1977 i think, we have lost 4 straight league games.

Guest bimpy474

It's 87, Bimpy - but aye, it's bad craic and desperate times. Still, there will be those who still defend Ashley and Pardew. Just remember, all that cash in the bank!

87 is four matches including cups ?. 77 is four league matches, (maybe without scoring ?). I think that's what i remember, or something along those lines.

The players deserve some of the blame but if nobody else at the club gives a fuck why should they? They were doing fine before when we shot up the table and showed we could mix it up with the 'top' clubs. Then we showed no ambition to improve in January and were told that 8th fucking place was good enough. We sold our best player and, maybe even more importantly, the one leader in the squad. Most players are dumb but they're smart enough to know that the season is over. If the owner only cares about money, should the players care about anything more than playing out the season and picking up their wages? They should play for the fans, yet it's the players who (allegedly) know the fans and the area the most that have been some of our weakest.

The owner doesn't care, the manager doesn't care and the players don't care. The perfect hattrick of indifference and mediocrity. Beautiful. Now that I'm closer I had wanted to finally make my first trip over to see Newcastle this season, but what's the point? I'll just save my money as long as Ashley saves his. What a joke.

The manager, owner and players have officially given up and tonight thousands of fans gave up on them in return.

Fuck them. Feel completely vindicated in jacking the st after seeing that unfold tonight. The club's rotten to the core. 

What did I just freeze my bollocks off for? :anguish: Just a miserable affair from start to finish.

Was fuming at half time at the fact we'd lined up with those two immobile lumps upfront, then realised in the second half that Ben Arfa and Marveaux have the combined passion of a screwdriver. Don't know what to think right now, but that was fucking ghastly. The effort from some at the end when Spurs were going for their 4th was disgusting.