Hull City vs Newcastle United - Sat 1st March @15:00 (not on TV)

Andymc1
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So on one hand Jelavic is finally off the mark, Long has been great for them since he joined, Huddlestone will dictate tempo easily from midfield, and Livermore's energy and drive will also need to be accounted for. Not to mention quality delivery into the box from Elmo.

On the other hand, we have conference style lobs that may occasionally result in some kind of happenstance for Remy.

It will be a romp. A dirty, filthy romp. If you plan on a good weekend avoid the result till Monday morning.

"excellent football" is stretching it a bit :lol:

We looked canny against Crystal Palace.

Villa, Cardiff, Man Utd, Palace and West Ham i thought we did play some excellent stuff. I can't really fault our performances away from home. We make the second half of matches hard work for ourselves but we haven't lost any points yet away from home because of that. If we've took the lead, we've went on to win.

Villa, Cardiff, Man Utd, Palace and West Ham i thought we did play some excellent stuff. I can't really fault our performances away from home.

apart from when we lose to sunderland

Villa, Cardiff, Man Utd, Palace and West Ham i thought we did play some excellent stuff. I can't really fault our performances away from home.

apart from when we lose to sunderland

Man City, Sunderland and Swansea were very poor. You could do that with any side in the league though and pick a couple of away performances where they haven't been up to standard and dropped points. Not like we are going to be any different but on the whole our away record is nothing to moan and cry about. Yet here we are slagging ourselves off again.

I haven't enjoyed a game of ours in ages. Didn't even celebrate the winner against Villa. We play some of the worst football I've seen.

Thankfully I'm busy on Saturday and can't watch.

Bonus point! Achievement unlocked: Doom Merchant.

:laugh:

I haven't enjoyed a game of ours in ages. Didn't even celebrate the winner against Villa. We play some of the worst football I've seen.

Thankfully I'm busy on Saturday and can't watch.

We've played by far the better football away from home imo.

That's like saying the guy that raped me last night wasn't as rough as the guy that raped me last week.

Why are we so hard on ourselves? Away from home we've played some excellent football at times? We praise it in the match thread then i'm sure we just forget it about soon as the games over because of the second half usually goes way down hill. Sure i seen comments in the West Ham saying it's the best we've played in years in that first half? We always seem to just put ourselves down. We've got a good away record yet being labelled as to turning up with 'two banks of four'.

Pretty sure we had good creative players playing in our earlier away games opposed to now.

Pretty sure we had good creative players playing in our earlier away games opposed to now.

We faired well without Cabaye against Norwich, created chances we just never put them away. Then got thumped off Chelsea away which was expected really. Just don't see why people think we'll turn up with 10 men behind the ball and look to defend when we've never done that away from home against lesser opposition yet.

Krul

Debuchy    MYM      Coloccini    Dummett

Tiote   

Cabaye      Grenier

Ben Arfa                                    Remy

De Jong