Adam Armstrong

Guest palnese

I guess Barnsley aren't expecting to keep up their good start ? Wonder if the same rules apply in the champ as they do in the PL to players not being able to play against their parent club ? If so, rafa could be trying a Chelsea and loaning out for him to nick goals against our promotion rivals.

Well let's see what he does there! If he is going to be good enough to make it for us in the premiership surely he would be starting and scoring goals at this level now

Harry Kane, Jaime Vardy and Andy Carroll all say hi.

Carroll was scoring in the championship at not much older than Armstrong. Vardy has always banged goals in he just started at a non league club rather than a premiership academy. If he is going to be good enough to be a premiership striker then surely he should do well in the championship this season or will he be another chopra/ Adam Campbell etc

Really disappointed with with this move. I would rather give Adam game time over Murphy & even Ayoze.

I agree but i would say his game time here would be limited by Gayle and Mitro. At a guess, it's more about giving him as much game time as possible, and the best scenario is playing for Barnsley for that to happen.

Really disappointed with with this move. I would rather give Adam game time over Murphy & even Ayoze.

Sorry but that's just horeshit, prefer him to Perez? And as for Murphy, well they are two entirely different players. Murphy is here to be back up for Mitrovic and another big lad - nothing like Armstrong.

This moves makes sense, his game time will be limited as he will rightfully be behind Gayle and Perez. He did well last season in League 1 and this will be a good test to see if he can bang them in at the next level.

Goals per minute I think he will finish higher than what we have.

Daft move, hope he can be recalled at any point.

Gayle will end up top scorer in this league tbh

Not if he gets injured.

Armstrong just has to show what he can do, if he establishes himself in the first 11 like he did at Coventry, then there's no reason why he shouldn't get some goals.

It's actually a good move for him, because he can prove to Benitez now that he can do the business, if he can get in their side.

Can only wish him the best, if he's not in contention here.