Adam Armstrong

Guest palnese

Not really sure where the Dummett-storm has come from.  I can't speak for everyone who doesn't rate Dummett, but from what I have seen it appears that quite a few people don't think Dummett is a Premiership quality LB for very justifiable reasons and think that Haidara is a better LB. 

This has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Dummett is local and Haidara isn't and that Haidara has therefore bewitched us with his Gallic charms - it is simply an analysis of their respective abilities.  For example, I think Haidara possesses many of the qualities you want to see in a modern day full back that Dummett lacks - Haidara is quick, mobile, has good technique and can put a good cross in.

To assume that views such as mine are some sort of anti-Geordie bias is ridiculous.

Not really sure where the Dummett-storm has come from.  I can't speak for everyone who doesn't rate Dummett, but from what I have seen it appears that quite a few people don't think Dummett is a Premiership quality LB for very justifiable reasons and think that Haidara is a better LB. 

This has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Dummett is local and Haidara isn't and that Haidara has therefore bewitched us with his Gallic charms - it is simply an analysis of their respective abilities.  For example, I think Haidara possesses many of the qualities you want to see in a modern day full back that Dummett lacks - Haidara is quick, mobile, has good technique and can put a good cross in.

To assume that views such as mine are some sort of anti-Geordie bias is ridiculous.

:thup:

:lol: "Living outside the North East".  I've lived in London 6 years after spending my first 24 in Newcastle.  Please tell me if I fall into your (or rather not your) bracket, TT.

Cockney mafia wanker

I don't think anybody gives a shit about nationality as long the players come from a good standard of football with a good mentality. It's imperative we buy an accomplished CB or two with PL experience this summer, though.

I don't think anybody gives a shit about nationality as long the players come from a good standard of football with a good mentality. It's imperative we buy an accomplished CB or two with PL experience this summer, though.

The problem is who? Really struggle to think of any decent centre backs who will leave their current club for us or a club who will take what we offer.

Very much doubt this will be a popular decision but I would still love Lescott here, ridiculed at mega-rich Man City but if he was playing every week here I reckon we would love him.

Crazy all this talk of playing him in last few games when people are already giving Dummett grief and saying hes not good enough and never will be.

If fans aren't willing to expect poor games from the young players they cannot be brought into the squad for an extended period of games, they can only make sub appearances which aren't long or make loan appearances elsewhere.

I'd love to see all the young players get a try now we have noubt to play for with a strong middle of the likes of Colo, Tiote to support them.

As for De Jong showed noubt at all since he signed on loan, think we're wasting giving our players a try by playing him when he obviously can't adapt to the PL in such a short period of time.

Dummetts abut 6 years older though isn't he?

Fans have still written off Campbell at 18 when he was here, so what difference does it really make? Some players can be late developers depending on how much football they play at a young level. The grief Dummett gets boarders on the ridiculous on here.

This place hates anything that isn't foreign sounding. Probably to do with most living outside the north east. If it's English it's s***, if it's a double being English and from the north east then it's f***ing god awful s***. Usually the false 9 brigade.

:lol: :lol:

Not surprised by who wrote this post.

The problem is who? Really struggle to think of any decent centre backs who will leave their current club for us or a club who will take what we offer.

Very much doubt this will be a popular decision but I would still love Lescott here, ridiculed at mega-rich Man City but if he was playing every week here I reckon we would love him.

Don't see how it would be an unpopular decision like.

I think there are definitely a few who, if given the choice, would be willing to overlook the short-comings of potential English signing in a way they wouldn't if the player were a foreigner.

It's natural to want players you can identify with playing for your favorite club, I just think it's wise to exercise caution.