Lee Charnley

Dave

maybe the takeover has softened my view, but he now strikes me as something of a pitiable, almost tragilarious figure, no different than countless clueless middle-management dweebs in the business world who would jump at being offered a position above their station, with their performance never scrutinized by a boss whose indifference bordered on hostile.

It sounds like he offered Emery everything he wanted and he still fucked us off, so we can't really blame his admin skills for relaying messages, his lack of drive and personality probably didn't help like.

7 hours ago, Kaizero said:

We ran a threadbare ship, he's one of the few people with intimate knowledge of how NUFC the business was ran. Him staying on for a good chunk of time during the transitional period was kind of inevitable.

And smart, too.  He knows the NUFC business far better than anybody so it makes sense to keep him on.  I doubt he's part of any real decision making, he's just a resource.  His last official act will likely to be purchasing 10 million paper clips.  He'll fill his bathtub with them and spend the day fapping in it.

I had forgotten about those quotes ha ha ha!

From .com

Reporting this, The Athletic did little to lighten the mood with this line:

"There has been work to do on personal terms, and there still is, with Lee Charnley, managing director under Mike Ashley and still in post now, handling negotiations."

That's the same Lee Charnley who went on the record as follows, having "masterminded" a previous managerial arrival at SJP - the one and only Steve McClaren:

"From my first meeting I knew he was the perfect fit for Newcastle United.

"I am delighted that we have secured the services of one of the best coaches in English football.

"He has a proven track record of being an innovative and forward-thinking coach and developing and improving players, which was a key quality we sought in the individual to fill this role.

"He also brings with him a great enthusiasm and passion for the job, the Club and the city, which he articulated to me very clearly from the outset.

"This is a huge job which comes with considerable pressures and I am convinced that he not only understands the weight of expectation that comes with this role, but that he has the strength of character and professionalism befitting of a club of our size and status."

According to Google translate, the Spanish for couldn't get it over the line is no pude pasar de la línea....

3 hours ago, Big Geordie said:

Adios thumbheed.

He will be away to work for Ashley, IMO.

Director of fireplace sanitation.

I imagine that will be quite a busy role now that Mike Ashley has one less thing to take up his time with and 300 million burning a hole in his bootcut jeans pocket.

Edited by Pandamninator

27 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Well they'll need someone to switch the lights on so the new person kin find the offices

I've heard from a few people on the inside that he's quite capable, plus he's probably been doing the CEO role along with several other important duties so that Ashley could have saved a few quid.

Although on the flip side, nobody had a gun to his head when he made those comments about the training ground. He was totally complicit in the Ashley regime and by his own comments fully agrees with that line of thinking.

He has to go as soon as possible.