Moyes or Martinez?

Belfast Mags
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I know there has been hot debate in the Pardew thread about this, so it might be interesting to see the numbers in a poll.

Purely hypothetical, all things are equal, take Ashley out of equation, whether they would come here or not, none of that counts, simply, if it was your choice, who would you pick

Personally, I'd choose Martinez, I just like the fact that he's eternally positive, instills a philosophy on his teams and players have a confidence to grow and flourish under him.

All joking and jesting aside, I think Moyes is a decent Manager and will probably get another side close to the European spots in the league again (with a bit of luck thrown in) but I just prefer Martinez's more holistic approach to the game.

Everton are playing the kind of football I'd like to see here, full backs pushing on, squeezing the opposition, quick passing and dynamic movement all over the pitch and a really positive attitude from start to finish.

Confidence breeds confidence and he seems to be able to create that around the clubs he's been at.

I can't imagine him talking himself or his side down, before or after a game, and for me, that says (and means) a lot.

No brainer for me. Has to Martinez, his ethos is exactly the kind I would love here. His positive attacking playing style is what we've been craving for ages, he would undoubtedly get the best out of our attacking players (Ben Arfa for one).

(Didn't like how he defended McManaman for that horror tackle on Haidara though, rather cuntish to defend a cunt).

Probably would be a good shout as our next boss given that we'll be in the Championship by the time we change managers. :razz:

If we're appointing somebody new this season then it's Steve Bruce every time for me.

would then, would now

One thing I will say, Martinez never had Wigan looking like a PL side, so he isn't what he's being made out to be.

Moyes is easily the more proven manager. In an ideal world you'd want someone more attacking but I'm not convinced Martinez is any sort of Keegan replica as some would have you believe.

Rewind ten months, then who? It's easy to say Martinez now.

I picked Martinez.

I'd have probably gone Moyes at the time, he had proven he was capable to getting a side competing for Europe while Martinez despite the attractive football looked a little frail in his defensive set up and never progressed Wigan further than Jewell or Bruce.

Kaka (or whatever he is called now) will be all over this btw :lol:

One thing I will say, Martinez never had Wigan looking like a PL side, so he isn't what he's being made out to be.

Moyes is easily the more proven manager. In an ideal world you'd want someone more attacking but I'm not convinced Martinez is any sort of Keegan replica as some would have you believe.

Very harsh appraisal that imo

Not true IMO, Wigan often looked very good but just ended up losing a lot.

Is this even a question? Martinez 100%

Only question about him was whether he could achieve at a top club, which he's now proved. His approach and attitude also miles better.

Didn't think it would be a question but as I said, there was certainly a lot of noise about Moyes in the other thread which kind of threw me a bit (although it might just have been Ronaldo multi posting)

Not true IMO, Wigan often looked very good but just ended up losing a lot.

:lol: