Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I heard that it's in his contract that when available he plays. Comes from a reliable source who used to work for the club who now works at Rangers

Well you can see how he would command that sort of Shearer respect.

Guest palnese

I heard that it's in his contract that when available he plays. Comes from a reliable source who used to work for the club who now works at Rangers

Absolute bollocks.

Will probably get slaughtered for this but the reason many don't hate him is that he has contributed more in goals and assists than most this season, and he's had a lot of OK performances. He's just an average player, would be fine as backup if we had properly replaced Cabaye.

Obviously he's had a lot of awful performances too but so have all of them, and he goes missing way, way too often, but I think that's down to a lack of ability/nous than intentional hiding.

Think a lot of the venom for him comes from his bellendery at Sunderland and the fact he HAS been our Cabaye replacement, and he can't even begin to compare. And he was a Pardew fave.

No, a lot of venom for him comes from how little he stacks up against Cabaye, the man he has effectively replaced.  As you say, he's a squad player at very best and even then I reckon there's a dozen Jack Colbacks knocking about the Championship who could do that job.  Yet the powers that be deemed him good enough to be our main man in midfield.  And just look at where we are.  Disgusting.

When looking at people to blame for this monumental f*** up of a season he's down at the bottom of the list.

But the decision to consider him good enough to be our main CM is at the top...

No, a lot of venom for him comes from how little he stacks up against Cabaye, the man he has effectively replaced.  As you say, he's a squad player at very best and even then I reckon there's a dozen Jack Colbacks knocking about the Championship who could do that job.  Yet the powers that be deemed him good enough to be our main man in midfield.  And just look at where we are.  Disgusting.

:lol: I know, I said that in the post. Maybe not very clearly I'll give you.

Hate the use of the word "average", it's an exaggeration of his ability. He is shit. He's very lucky that he came through the academy of a Premier League side that happened to be garbage so he could get a foot in the door. If he was playing for a League One side, he wouldn't stand out in the slightest.

When looking at people to blame for this monumental fuck up of a season he's down at the bottom of the list.

Yes but that list is like the amount of annoying people on Game of Thrones, with Colback being Roose Bolton, he's one of the lesser cunts but you still want to stab him in his face and him to suffer a slow and painful death.

Hate the use of the word "average", it's an exaggeration of his ability. He is s***. He's very lucky that he came through the academy of a Premier League side that happened to be garbage so he could get a foot in the door. If he was playing for a League One side, he wouldn't stand out in the slightest.

Hyperbole IMO. He hasn't been the worst performer this year, hasn't been the best, hence average.

Colback's goals and assists contribution comes to 10. That's more than Sissoko, Abeid, de Jong, Anita, Raylor and Tiote combined.

I don't particularly like him but when you start apportioning blame there are plenty of players ahead of him.

The odd times I saw him play for Sunderland he came across as an energetic box to box type of player, with a decent eye for a pass or goal. I have seen very little of this since he came here. I will give him the benefit of the doubt for this season due to Pardew being s*** and Carver being shitter. A lot of decent players have regressed massively under the coaching at this club.

Hate the use of the word "average", it's an exaggeration of his ability. He is shit. He's very lucky that he came through the academy of a Premier League side that happened to be garbage so he could get a foot in the door. If he was playing for a League One side, he wouldn't stand out in the slightest.

:thup: Watched him for a full season and I still don't know what he's supposed to offer or what his 'strengths' are meant to be. He's like some sort of shit box to box midfielder who doesn't have the physicality, ability or the intelligence to play the role.

He gets over the top venom because he is representative of everything the club stands for right now. He's a bargain basement PL midfielder who will never play for a team north of 15th place. Doesn't mean he's the worst player in the squad (sadly), but he's still pretty fucking poor.

He gets over the top venom because he is representative of everything the club stands for right now. He's a bargain basement PL midfielder who will never play for a team north of 15th place. Doesn't mean he's the worst player in the squad (sadly), but he's still pretty fucking poor.

Bingo. He's Ashley's poster-boy signing. 

Bingo. He's Ashley's poster-boy signing. 

Subservient, inadequate and cheap.