Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Have we discussed his Gaz Bale heart celebration tattoo yet?

The fuck?

He has a tattoo near his elbow of hands making a heart shape. I'm assuming it's a new addition.

Really? Haha. Fuck me, that's the pits.

He constantly grinds our attacks to a halt, often picks the wrong pass, despite usually opting for the safest one possible and he is woefully weak for a CM. Combine all that with his constant pulling of shirts because he's so slow and we really have a gem here. His blocks were decent, but that's hardly worth mentioning when he is offering very little else.

Honestly tempted, after todays game, to state he shouldn't even be in the team. One block in no way makes up for every other piece of crap clearly visible.

Opposite of Mbemba, will cost us more than provides over a season.

Thought he had a good game on the whole, both defensively and with the ball. The negatives being a couple of misplaced passes and some typically dogshit set penis.

Agreed.

I'm usually quite patient with players but I can't see what he offers, genuinely. He's not as good as Tiote at breaking up play/DM, his passing and distribution is much worse that Anita, his set pieces are awful and presumably Wijnaldum will prove consistently better at those. He can't really dribble and he's not quick. He does have an alreet shot and gets on a few blocks like today (although why is he so deep in the first place?) but he's not worth accommodating IMO.

I'm usually quite patient with players but I can't see what he offers, genuinely. He's not as good as Tiote at breaking up play/DM, his passing and distribution is much worse that Anita, his set pieces are awful and presumably Wijnaldum will prove consistently better at those. He can't really dribble and he's not quick. He does have an alreet shot and gets on a few blocks like today (although why is he so deep in the first place?) but he's not worth accommodating IMO.

But he is at least decent in all of the categories you describe above. He's currently our best allround CM (let's wait until Gini settles) so I can totally understand why he's picked to play.

He did ok today, I'm not sure what people are expecting from him. I'll be honest, I'd pick him ahead of Anita every time. Do the people on here who love Anita go to the game, do they realise how small he is and how that impacts on what he can do? It would be ok if Anita's play otherwise was excellent but he made a couple of absolutely suicudal passes today which if Colback had made he'd have been slaughtered for. What's really frustrating for me is that we are 1 solid defensive player away from having a decent unit in midfield and we gave the latest likes of Cabella, Perez and De Jong on the sidelines. Get a good player in there and we'd look solid.

He misplaced a couple of passes which he could have done much better with, but he's a good passer of the ball in general. Most of all he releases the ball much much quicker than Tiote/Colback which helgs us being more fluid as a team overall. Yeah he might be small but at least he's quite nippy and takes new positions quickly to make himself available for his team mates. Colback is both slow and weak as piss. How many times does get outmuscled in a 1 vs 1? At least Anita manages to win the ball at times because he reads the game better, and most of all is Quick enough to get to the ball before there even is a 1v1 situation. I prefer Anita to Colback every day of the week even if he's not the biggest/strongest lad.

He misplaced a couple of passes which he could have done much better with, but he's a good passer of the ball in general. Most of all he releases the ball much much quicker than Tiote/Colback which helgs us being more fluid as a team overall. Yeah he might be small but at least he's quite nippy and takes new positions quickly to make himself available for his team mates. Colback is both slow and weak as piss. How many times does get outmuscled in a 1 vs 1? At least Anita manages to win the ball at times because he reads the game better, and most of all is Quick enough to get to the ball before there even is a 1v1 situation. I prefer Anita to Colback every day of the week even if he's not the biggest/strongest lad.

:thup:

Guest ElCid

But he is at least decent in all of the categories you describe above. He's currently our best allround CM (let's wait until Gini settles) so I can totally understand why he's picked to play.

Do yo really think he is decent - I would say borderline average at best and I still say if he plays the majority of games then the team will end up absolutely nowhere. Can't believe some people actually think he is ok and the worrying thing is I actually think McCLaren will play him in every game. The amount of stupid free kicks he gives away is bordering on thickness and always in dangerous positions. He doesn't create anything and all he does is slow play down every time he gets the ball. In my opinion there was five players in that team who shouldn't be anywhere near it Colback, Anita, Colo, Hiadara and Obertan. If these continue to play over a period of time then there is no way this team is going to be anywhere apart from at the bottom end.

He misplaced a couple of passes which he could have done much better with, but he's a good passer of the ball in general. Most of all he releases the ball much much quicker than Tiote/Colback which helgs us being more fluid as a team overall. Yeah he might be small but at least he's quite nippy and takes new positions quickly to make himself available for his team mates. Colback is both slow and weak as p*ss. How many times does get outmuscled in a 1 vs 1? At least Anita manages to win the ball at times because he reads the game better, and most of all is Quick enough to get to the ball before there even is a 1v1 situation. I prefer Anita to Colback every day of the week even if he's not the biggest/strongest lad.

I agree that he moves it a lot faster than the rest but his passing is largely sideways and today he lost the ball a fair few times. He and Colback is sideways passing nightmare. Whenever Anita is towards the attacking third he seems to get a nosebleed, he barely manages to complete half his passes when further forward.

And top it all off both of them are terrible in the air.

Anita is a better footballer than Colback but doesn't show it very often. He has a game once in a while where he looks like a very very good player(last game of last season, also remember him being brilliant when we beat Chelsea a couple of seasons ago) but generally he doesn't show it while Colback is a consistent but unspectacular performer

Colback gets played every week without fail whereas Anita is on the bench at the first opportunity. Might affect matters in relation to consistency somewhat.