Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He worked hard enough, not sure he did anything more than that though. But all the midfielders deserve credit today for putting in a shift including Colback.

You could say its an easy game for him as we weren't expecting anything after 16mins, however if he decided to throw the toys out the pram it would have been a drubbing.

He had a passable second half. I missed the first half so can't really comment on that. He had a few 'nearly' moments in around our box that I'd rather he wasn't on the pitch to do.

Guest Howaythetoon

He was awful I thought, he doesn't have the athleticism of body or mind to deal with players like Arsenal's. At least Anita does. He plays as if there is a bee or wasp chasing him. Plus he's fucking ginger, too white and those sleeves...

That's laughable. Him being a Geordie works against him.

Did Shola being a Geordie work against him as well? Nah it didn't, it was because he wasn't very good, like it does to Colback.

I hate him but I thought he was alright today.

i'm his biggest critic but i thought prior to the sending off we saw his best game (or the best of him) today when he was pressing and harrying their midfielders when they had the ball

bit like manyoo when we switched up he pressed very well but after the sending off he was back to being on the back foot and that's not his thing imo

Oh I forgot, I can't say positive things about Colback on here. Thankfully it's unique to Newcastle Online.

Try saying it without the other bollocks like "him being a Geordie works against him" and "it will be ignored" maybe.

People don't really like him, I'm not sure what you expect them to do every-time he has a decent enough game? It's the same with Obertan and Gouffran.

Btw I thought his determination and graft today certainly helped us, he just has little quality.

Playing his role (as he doesn't seem to be classed as a sitter) you need to either have that bit of class on the ball or at least be able to be on top of your opposite numbers physically. Just don't think he offers any of that. That doesn't have anything to do with where he's from.

I bet when he played for the Mackems people weren't wishing he was anywhere near our team.

I just don't see it...

Same, once again I thought once Anita got subbed off Colback looked a lot more exposed and it should have been Colback taken off

Thought he actually improved next to Wino.

I hate him but I thought he was alright today.

This for me. Slow in releasing the ball when he had it, but overall he did well today.

There's no need for him and Anita to both be on the pitch though.