Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

By next week he'll be signing for Barca.

Keeps it up til January and Mike will be flogging him to Spurs or something for a vastly inflated price.

£10m profit in 6 months? Usually how he operates isn't it?

We'd have to sell him for about £20m for it to be a £10m profit in Mike's world. Can't forget about dem signing on fees, agent fees and wages for his entire contract here, no matter if he is staying for the full contract or not.

By next week he'll be signing for Barca.

Keeps it up til January and Mike will be flogging him to Spurs or something for a vastly inflated price.

£10m profit in 6 months? Usually how he operates isn't it?

We'd have to sell him for about £20m for it to be a £10m profit in Mike's world. Can't forget about dem signing on fees, agent fees and wages for his entire contract here, no matter if he is staying for the full contract or not.

Good point. Gutted we've let £20m, Ginger Pirlo, England international, Killingworth Cabaye go for nowt :-(

:lol: Can't believe he's been called up for England, man.

Shows how pathetic our options are at the moment.

Given that Zat Knight got an England start during a time when we had basically the best CB options in international football, it shows absolutely nothing of the sort. Negativity for no reason, man.

:lol: Can't believe he's been called up for England, man.

Shows how pathetic our options are at the moment.

Given that Zat Knight got an England start during a time when we had basically the best CB options in international football, it shows absolutely nothing of the sort. Negativity for no reason, man.

It's very much en vogue to play down anything associated with us at the moment though, and with Ashley and Pardew destroying the club I don't blame the negativity. IMO Colback deserves the call-up purely based on that there aren't many that are so clearly more deserving than him in CM at the moment.

I think the FA are only sticking with Hodgson because the other options are so limited. He had a decent Euro 2012, he'll do for the 2016 tournament. That'll be their mindset.

He was responsible for our worst performance at a World Cup since 1958. There's no reason whatsoever for him to be kept in a job.

You performed as expected at the World Cup. England were never getting out of that group, sorry.

A different manager with a different, more positive philosophy would have seen us get out of it. As has been mentioned, Costa Rica made it out...

48 pages and 940 replies on the SMB. Don't think they've taken the news too well although it must be a bit annoying letting an England international go to your hated rivals for nowt.

That's mental, it's just been a few hours since the list was announced :lol:

But he said: “Sunderland fans knew he was our player anyway, they just stole him for a little while.”

Seriously, how has he got the nerve to try to wind that lot up when they humiliate every one of his sides that is put in front of them?!  Just shut the fuck up, man.

But he said: “Sunderland fans knew he was our player anyway, they just stole him for a little while.”

Seriously, how has he got the nerve to try to wind that lot up when they humiliate every one of his sides that is put in front of them?!  Just shut the fuck up, man.

He's Poyet's bitch.

Surely only doing it in a futile attempt to curry favour with the idiots who believe him.

Holy s***! Do people actually think Jack f***ing Colback is deserving of an England call up? I've heard it all now.. :mackems:

Holy shit! :mackems: Who do you think should be called up ahead of him then? Barkley and Lallana are injured, Gerrard and Lampard have just retired, and Rodwell has barely played 5 games in the past two seasons. He's there because Hodgson has to call up a certain number of players ffs. He's "next" in the pecking order, so what the hell is the problem with having a look at him? :lol:

We've taken the piss, and in context rightly so, out of him and the fact that Pardew wanted him to replace Cabaye. But he's our player now, and he hasn't done much wrong so far. I don't often agree with Ronaldo, but on this account I fully agree that we should wish him the best of luck. If the call-up gives Colback any additional confidence that he ups his game for us, then all the better for NUFC.

Holy s***! Do people actually think Jack f***ing Colback is deserving of an England call up? I've heard it all now.. :mackems:

Holy s***! :mackems: Who do you think should be called up ahead of him then? Barkley and Lallana are injured, Gerrard and Lampard have just retired, and Rodwell has barely played 5 games in the past two seasons. He's there because Hodgson has to call up a certain number of players ffs. He's "next" in the pecking order, so what the hell is the problem with having a look at him? :lol:

We've taken the p*ss, and in context rightly so, out of him and the fact that Pardew wanted him to replace Cabaye. But he's our player now, and he hasn't done much wrong so far. I don't often agree with Ronaldo, but on this account I fully agree that we should wish him the best of luck. If the call-up gives Colback any additional confidence that he ups his game for us, then all the better for NUFC.

He's been a stand out player in a decidedly average Newcastle side, I was as pissed off as most when he joined but he hasn't done much wrong since being here and has impressed given the chance. So why not? Let him have his chance, see if he can do something for England. After all it was Pardew who told him to aim for England :lol:

A good manager could quite easily make him a decent player, just lacks creativity, ok he'll never have the off the cuff creativity, but could easily develop a honed eye for the right pass which with his consistency would be very effective.

Happy for him about England, especially since it upsets them down the road whilst proving old drunking disco pants right.

Still though, and England call up is about as ridiculous as those not prepared to give him a chance when he signed.

Holy s***! :mackems: Who do you think should be called up ahead of him then? Barkley and Lallana are injured, Gerrard and Lampard have just retired, and Rodwell has barely played 5 games in the past two seasons. He's there because Hodgson has to call up a certain number of players ffs. He's "next" in the pecking order, so what the hell is the problem with having a look at him? :lol:

We've taken the p*ss, and in context rightly so, out of him and the fact that Pardew wanted him to replace Cabaye. But he's our player now, and he hasn't done much wrong so far. I don't often agree with Ronaldo, but on this account I fully agree that we should wish him the best of luck. If the call-up gives Colback any additional confidence that he ups his game for us, then all the better for NUFC.

Put it this way, alarm bells should be ringing loud and clear at the FA at a time when a player as utterly average as Jack Colback is considered for an England cap. I'm fairly certain I could name at least 10 better midfield players from the Eredivisie, a competition Ronaldo himself loves to deride and often fair enough.