Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Walcott on his best day was perhaps comparable to Bale before Bale took it up another level or two.

Speaking of Walcott - he's still quick but he's lost a yard.

I think come 5pm on Saturday we will know how effective he still is.

As if judging him against our cobbled together defensive unit will provide any sound basis for predictions of future performance.

• 2 weeks later...

Mark Douglas running an article on him at the minute with one of those daft vote things the Chronicle do.

86% saying his signing has been a success.

Don't see it at all tbqh. He's totally ineffective.

He was free and hasn't score 50 OGs therefore he is a success whereas in reality he is pretty represents everything the club has become. Fairly poor, no flair, safe, no ambition, cheap.

A good player :mackems: we've gone from Cabaye to this below average cunt, and there are still people who think he's good :lol:

Disgusting the amount of people who are happy to accept it, and even use the fact we got Colback for nowt as a positive. Even worse now that Newcastle fans are campaigning to get him in the England squad and are acting like theirs some sort of conspiracy as to why he's not there. Be interesting to see how much this cunt hides in the derby on Sunday. 

Mark Douglas running an article on him at the minute with one of those daft vote things the Chronicle do.

86% saying his signing has been a success.

Don't see it at all tbqh. He's totally ineffective.

That stat doesn't surprise me at all. I know that on any forum a certain momentum can build around particular opinions, but I'm baffled as to exactly why there's such a gap between the view on here and how Colback is assessed by the majority of supporters and by the professionals at the club.

I don't want to get into a pointless 'he's decent - no, he's not he's shite' type debate. I would agree though with tgarve that our main problems are elsewhere - particularly the defence.