Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest reefatoon

I liked in the second half when I think it was after Colo's booking, you could lip read him saying to the ref "I'm surprised there's any more space on that fucking card".

:lol: that's awesome.

he's a 5 or 6 out of 10 player usually for me. Still think we're better and will become better with Gini or Moussa playing next to Anita or playing a 3 with Gini and Moussa in front of Anita sitting.

I'll give credit to Colback sometimes in that when he's playing well, he's pressing well, making a good tackle here and there and does a pretty decent job of breaking free from a pressing player with some nifty movement with the ball.

He worked hard and covered loads of ground today, in this particular situation it was exactly what he had to do. Backs to the wall, chase, harry and cover and in that scenario his work-rate will always draw the eye. He does this particular thing fairly well - to be honest it's the only thing he does well. If that impresses people and warrants ridiculous superlatives then so be it.

He worked hard, as he always does, I appreciate his effort but it's the minimum I expect from a CM.

That's my take on it as well, he is best when we are sitting deep in a defensive formation which means he doesn't have to get up and down the pitch much, Anita is much the same. As long as he's not being expected to push up into the opposition half he's okay, but he doesn't have the athleticism required to be a box to box player, and without them it's difficult to dominate midfield.

He played well. He was the only midfield player who was able to get close enough to his opponent to get them moving and passing backwards. And despite what people what people say, he can pass the ball.

I thought he was a bit s*** and a liability against Arsenal, especially in the first half. Did nothing of nothing and was pressing far too high up the pitch, leaving gaping holes for Arsenal midfielders to exploit (which they did, and if Walcott had his finishing boots on the game would've been over within half an hour).

As an analogy, his closing down reminds me of this baboon chasing after a lion:

https://youtu.be/4ebd36p4zkw

That's what Colback's closing down is like - the chest is out and the intention is there to try to scare the opposition team into making a mistake or backing down, but there's no substance to it, he's not going to win the ball or do anything positive for the team by running around like this. It plays right into the oppositions hands because they know they just have to pass around this nutcase and they'll find a teammate in the acres of space Colback will have left.

I thought he was a bit s*** and a liability against Arsenal, especially in the first half. Did nothing of nothing and was pressing far too high up the pitch, leaving gaping holes for Arsenal midfielders to exploit (which they did, and if Walcott had his finishing boots on the game would've been over within half an hour).

That's what Colback's closing down is like - the chest is out and the intention is there to try to scare the opposition team into making a mistake or backing down, but there's no substance to it, he's not going to win the ball or do anything positive for the team by running around like this. It plays right into the oppositions hands because they know they just have to pass around this nutcase and they'll find a teammate in the acres of space Colback will have left.

For closing down to be effective, the whole team needs to do it, and that was the problem on Saturday.

If that baboon had had his mates around, we'd have seen a different outcome IMO.

There doesn't seem like much middle ground with Colback from our fans to me. There's the ones who think he's great and should be one of the first names on the teamsheet, then there's the ones who think he's complete shite. I think he's decent enough, he just shouldn't be in our first choice team. If he had of came through our ranks rather than from Sunderland after all of the shite that went on, he probably wouldn't get the flak he does.

There doesn't seem like much middle ground with Colback from our fans to me. There's the ones who think he's great and should be one of the first names on the teamsheet, then there's the ones who think he's complete shite. I think he's decent enough, he just shouldn't be in our first choice team. If he had of came through our ranks rather than from Sunderland after all of the shite that went on, he probably wouldn't get the flak he does.

All i've ever found is...

1: People who think he's a decent squad player but is in no doubt playing too much football due to squad depth/

2: Those who hate him because he played for Sunderland.

Its hs own fault for the 3-0 picture, i certainly dont feel sorry or him

For closing down to be effective, the whole team needs to do it, and that was the problem on Saturday.

If that baboon had had his mates around, we'd have seen a different outcome IMO.

:lol: Cronky on... Nature.

Guest firetotheworks

:lol:

England ffs. He's one of the most nothing players you could ever wish to describe and he's forever been in teams that have been in and around the relegation zone. He shouldn't even be starting for us let alone being called up for England.

I appear to rate Colback higher than most but he isn't good enough for England.

Pretty damning when Jordan Henderson is the first name on the team sheet and Tom Cleverly has been in the past.

Wonder if King Pardzzz will pick him when he gets ingerland...