Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need to get a foreign coach in just so in the first session they look at this fraud and say 'What the fuck?' and bin him - a bit like when Keegan came back and was the first manager we had that saw straight through Shola.

Allardyce did as well tbf.

Need to get a foreign coach in just so in the first session they look at this fraud and say 'What the f***?' and bin him - a bit like when Keegan came back and was the first manager we had that saw straight through Shola.

Should we really be talking about the mackem slayer like that[emoji102]

Need to get a foreign coach in just so in the first session they look at this fraud and say 'What the f***?' and bin him - a bit like when Keegan came back and was the first manager we had that saw straight through Shola.

Yes

Yes

Don't think you grasped the sarcasm.

Best thing Shola's done for us is prove once and foreall just how enjoyable it is to ride a bike whilst eating a apple and smiling at the same time.

Guest neesy111

This guy to be shipped to Darlington at the end of the season and replaced by Xabi Alonso :thup:

Considering benitez tried to sell Alonso to buy Gareth Barry, I doubt it.

I can't see how Colback will fit into any team of Rafa's after he's watched him for more than a couple of games. He can't defend and he doesn't attack. He can ping the odd nice pass when he's left time and space, which he often is to be fair because he's no threat.

Downside to Benitez, he'll love Colback and his work rate. Can't see him budging out the side under Rafa unless we get to the summer safe and he purchases his own players.

If Colback is completely bumped from the off, then Benitez instantly goes right up in my estimations of him.

Downside to Benitez, he'll love Colback and his work rate. Can't see him budging out the side under Rafa unless we get to the summer safe and he purchases his own players.

If Colback is completely bumped from the off, then Benitez instantly goes right up in my estimations of him.

What work rate?

What work rate?

Well if there's one positive of Colback, he puts a shift in with his needless amount of running around that he does.

Other than Tiote we don't have anyone else tbh. There's still massive question marks over Saivet and Anita has hardly been any better since his first half season or so.

You'd hope Rafa would be able to get something out of them like, but I don't think Colback to be benched is a given under any manager.

I'm expecting Rafa to be setting us up quite deep so Colback might get in the team as a holding player, which isn't going to be much different to what McClaren was trying to do. As long as there's no space in behind him, Colback will be okay, it's when he is left chasing backwards he struggles for pace. What we do going forward is going to be a problem. I can see Sissoko, Wijnaldum and Mitro/perez being pretty much isolated.

Let's be honest, Rafa isn't gonna know our squad inside out and there's only 10 games to go so there will be an element of advice-taking from club staff in regards to the players...obviously Colback will be put forward as someone dependable/honest/hard working etc...but I'm sure Rafa and his footballing nous will see through the ginger fraud eventually

Let's be honest, Rafa isn't gonna know our squad inside out and there's only 10 games to go so there will be an element of advice-taking from club staff in regards to the players...obviously Colback will be put forward as someone dependable/honest/hard working etc...but I'm sure Rafa and his footballing nous will see through the ginger fraud eventually

Apparently he's been watching the games of clubs who's manager was under pressure. I'm pretty sure a few of our games would have been seen either before last Saturday, certainly though the week. He'll have an idea of who is going to be in his squad.

Fair enough to an extent, still think the point stands though. He's not gonna know the finer details of our squad and will therefore be taking some (if not a lot) advice from existing club staff...which is why I fear Colback will start on Monday. Would love to be proven wrong of course!

Other than Tiote we don't have anyone else tbh. There's still massive question marks over Saivet and Anita has hardly been any better since his first half season or so.

You'd hope Rafa would be able to get something out of them like, but I don't think Colback to be benched is a given under any manager.

Exactly, I don't rate Colback at all but we're not exactly flush with better options so I'm certain he'll be involved for now.

Fair enough to an extent, still think the point stands though. He's not gonna know the finer details of our squad and will therefore be taking some (if not a lot) advice from existing club staff...which is why I fear Colback will start on Monday. Would love to be proven wrong of course!

I doubt he'll have seen much of Saivet as he hasn't featured much since we've signed him, and he's one of those players who could challenge Colback for a place. I'm not fussed if Colback starts as long as Rafa thinks he can do a job. As a sitting midfielder his lack of legs will be less exposed hopefully.

What work rate?

Well if there's one positive of Colback, he puts a shift in with his needless amount of running around that he does.

Absolute myth. Mind you having said that, if Rafa can utilise this useless twat somehow in a winning side, then i'll have no complaints whatsoever.

What work rate?

Absolute myth. Mind you having said that, if Rafa can utilise this useless t*** somehow in a winning side, then i'll have no complaints whatsoever.

Definitely not a myth. Amount of times he's way out position due to chasing the ball around in stupid areas of the pitch is staggering.