Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which managers are apparently seeing something in Colback anyway? Alan Pardew got him in on a free because Sam Allardyce was the only other fool interested.

He's capable of playing the ball forwards but he refuses to, maybe he'll change if his place in the side is threatened but it's definitely a physiological issue with him, whether or not it's as sinister as KI is suggesting (I think it is, just look at his pathetic dives to get him out of taking responsibility the past week).

He's a coward but he isn't that s*** a footballer. Has a good touch and a decent pass on him but just takes the easy option every time. Was decent yesterday while in midfield IMO

From my point of view that makes it worse. he could be an okay player if grew a pair of balls

He's a coward but he isn't that s*** a footballer. Has a good touch and a decent pass on him but just takes the easy option every time. Was decent yesterday while in midfield IMO

From my point of view that makes it worse. he could be an okay player if grew a pair of balls

He's spent his whole life playing it safe (after being coached and trained to do so) it's ingrained in him, no chance he'll change now.

That would pretty much be my take on him too. With a bit more self-belief and aggression he would be a much better player. Even if this happened, through competition, coaching, maturity or whatever, he is never going to be the kind of box to box combative player or playmaker needed at the heart of the team.

What the fuck is wrong with our supporters??

Lee - I think that our strikers will do the job, know that we are given them better service. A good right wing would help as we need better crosses into the box. Aarons might be worth a go or we could buy a decent lad with loads of pace.

+ I would buy a good winger not another striker.

+ I would keep Colback in midfield if Dummett is fit for the next game. Drop Sissoko and keep Colback on the right handside. Sissoko in not upto it, sell him before the other teams discover that he is of little value.

+ Coloccini has played well in recent weeks and he is well worth his place in the team. I would however buy a good central defender next summer.

+ Elliot is doing a grand job, but if he gets injured we are in trouble, because Darlow is a panick merchant.

+ Mitrovic is doing ok and he is doing a good job. The goals will come, especially if we buy a good right winger. He is not the finished article yet, but in the future he will be top class. More pace and better control required.

The two new lads have made a big difference already. The have given us more possession and much better control. They will get better if we improve our right flank, which is still a big weakness.

From the comment section of the Chronic.

What the f*** is wrong with our supporters??

Lee - I think that our strikers will do the job, know that we are given them better service. A good right wing would help as we need better crosses into the box. Aarons might be worth a go or we could buy a decent lad with loads of pace.

+ I would keep Colback in midfield if Dummett is fit for the next game. Drop Sissoko and keep Colback on the right handside. Sissoko in not upto it, sell him before the other teams discover that he is of little value.

+ Coloccini has played well in recent weeks and he is well worth his place in the team. I would however buy a good central defender next summer.

+ Elliot is doing a grand job, but if he gets injured we are in trouble, because Darlow is a panick merchant.

+ Mitrovic is doing ok and he is doing a good job. The goals will come, especially if we buy a good right winger. He is not the finished article yet, but in the future he will be top class. More pace and better control required.

The two new lads have made a big difference already. The have given us more possession and much better control. They will get better if we improve our right flank, which is still a big weakness.

http://i.imgur.com/W4ZZp.gif

talking about Shelvey: “The speed of his passes gives you that extra two seconds and defences can’t recover,” McClaren said. “That’s the difference between top midfielders and average ones."

Colback isn't even average by this definition

one thing i'd say about that quiet debut by Saivet was that a couple of times he got on the ball and played a ball through the middle quickly to the feet of Wijnaldum and/or Perez so hopefully if Colback has to play LB he won't recover his place by the time Dummett is fit

The bit where he got totally outmuscled and then just started crawling about, looking at the lino to help him out and give a free kick.  They then got a cross in and could have scored.

That's right Colback.  Crawl about on the floor, like the dog that you are.  You pathetic little Red Setter.

Guarantee that "fan" would have been more than happy if Pards signed a new 20 year contract instead of walking away.

Nah, I'm guessing from the writing style that it's ToonFan1950 and he isn't a pardew fan. Bloody odd comment to make about colback like.

Get a good right winger, but drop Sissoko and play Colback there for now?

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/7-31-2015/HpDRj3.gif

During the second half, Paul Dummett was forced off with a tight hamstring, with Henri Saivet coming on to make his debut and Jack Colback covering in at left-back.

McClaren believes he is now starting to accrue greater options throughout his squad.

He continued: “We might see a bit more of Jack at full-back, it’s a possibility, although we don’t want to because Dummett has been doing very well there.

“With the injury (to Dummett), we had a little look at that.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-mcclaren-newcastle-must-kick-10747623?

Quite optimistic than McClaren is well aware of Colback's limitations and has only been playing him so much due to lack of options...

Get a good right winger, but drop Sissoko and play Colback there for now?

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/7-31-2015/HpDRj3.gif

Just saw this, the idea of Colback playing RM in place of Sissoko made my blood run cold. Some people :lol:

During the second half, Paul Dummett was forced off with a tight hamstring, with Henri Saivet coming on to make his debut and Jack Colback covering in at left-back.

McClaren believes he is now starting to accrue greater options throughout his squad.

He continued: “We might see a bit more of Jack at full-back, it’s a possibility, although we don’t want to because Dummett has been doing very well there.

“With the injury (to Dummett), we had a little look at that.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-mcclaren-newcastle-must-kick-10747623?

Quite optimistic than McClaren is well aware of Colback's limitations and has only been playing him so much due to lack of options...

yeah, he's started pulling hin off in games which is odd for CM, no hesitation to pull him out of midfield on Saturday either instead of putting Lascelles or Gouffran in at LB and leaving the rest alone.