Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Smith was better than Colback though.

No he wasn't. :lol: Smith is the worst player I've ever seen play more than a couple of games for us. Awful, absolutely awful.

I use my hatred of certain players as a barometer for how much I care about the club, tbh.

Colback is this generation's version for sure, but he pales in comparison to Bramble, Bowyer (who improved, a bit), Jenas, Butt, Smith, Duff, Owen. There will be others. As long as the Pardewfication afterglow remains, I won't hate Colback as much as I have others.

Don't think he'll start.

He gave no indication that he deserved to play in this game. Shelvey pinged a few successful long passes in his short stint, Colback fucked each one up. Hope you're right.

Hope the fact he was hooked first is a sign.

Yep. This and Matt Ritchie's performance were the few positives I took out of it. Dont think Benitez will tolerate such docile and bad performances.

Hope the fact he was hooked first is a sign.

Yep. This and Matt Ritchie's performance were the few positives I took out of it. Dont think Benitez will tolerate such docile and bad performances.

Already has done, that's why he started the game.

Is colback still only hated on here though? Or have the soopafans seen the light yet?

Who exactly are the 'soopafans'?

Most people I know rate him as not good enough for teams with aspirations to do something in the premier league, would much prefer a better replacement but don't actively hate him and wish he has cancer/aids/a carreer ending injury like the majority on here.

Guest reefatoon

Shola levels of hatred for me. I used to get so pissed off when I saw that nuggets name on the team sheet and it would literally destroy any enjoyment of the game, as I would be going mad at his first fuck up. The same thing is happening now with this little skip rat.

Shola levels of hatred for me. I used to get so p*ssed off when I saw that nuggets name on the team sheet and it would literally destroy any enjoyment of the game, as I would be going mad at his first f*** up. The same thing is happening now with this little skip rat.

Nah, at least Shola provided some moments of joy against Sunderland. On the other hand the Ginger Assassin's diabolical performance at SJP last season (in such a key fixture) had an air of agent saboteur about it.

Guest reefatoon

I fucking hated Shola playing, goals against sunderland or not, he was rage inducing. For all the utter shite we have had to watch over all these years, I think it is only Shola and the bloodless one who have ever got me raging that they are in the team.

Thing with Shola though, is that whilst he was absolute dogshit, he wasn't a coward. Frustrating as fuck to watch him week in, week out, don't get me wrong, but I didn't hate him as much as this twat. Shola also had the decency to get injured regularly.

I think it's one of the biggest frustrations of only having very limited inside knowledge about the club/team.  Colback must be doing something in training or around the club that gets him picked for every game.  I could understand to an extent when Pardew, Carver, McLarnon picked him because they're all incompetent but now Rafa, a manager with fantastic pedigree?!

I've seen nothing in Colback's first team performances to justify his continued selection and if anything, he seems to be getting worse. Even if his attitude is first class, his detrimental impact on our progress should trump that and see him demoted to at least the bench but ideally the reserves.

We've seen this situation happen in the past with Simpson, Williamson, Gouffran, Colo, Shola and probably loads of others i've forgotten. What do our managers see that we don't?

The only thing that annoys me is that people use their (valid) hatred of Colback as a person to then focus on his ability as a player.

However.

The only times he's looked remotely effective for us have been when we are sitting back and playing on the counter. A decent technical player with horrible mental and physical attributes for someone in his position.

Guest reefatoon

It's the constant shirt pulling and giving pointless freekicks away when players constantly ghost past him that boils my piss.

It's the pointless attempts at dictating tempo by just slowing the pace of the game to a crawl, not having the vision to pick a pass and tapping it back to a CB while under duress that liquifies my shit.