Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Serious question but let's just say he did have a clause in his contract what would the consequences be of not playing him? Surely he would lose all credibility as a "sportsman" if he tried to invoke breach of contract when there are better options available? I use the term sportsman very loosely......

He'd probably sue the club he "loves"

On 85 minutes and 2-1 down, kid next to me told his dad that "we need to bring on Colback now".

I despair.

(Plus we'd already made all changes, but will let him off for that).

Look, Colback is awful and by a distance the worst midfielder in our squad. Surely we're beyond the point of debating how harmful to the team he is.

He isn't by a distance worse than Anita. They are both worse than shit. He's shit like, just in terms of performances and results it doesn't actually seem to matter whether he plays or not

Here's an unwelcome, but genuine, question. Both goals we conceded today were influenced by a lack of midfield harrying and effort. The guy beat Shelvey far too easily to cross for the first goal. There were three Newcastle players closer to our goal when the eventual goal scorer started his run (including Shelvey) for the second goal; only Dummet, who had the most ground to make up, tracked back. Had Colback been playing centrally with Hayden I'm not sure both plYers would have had as much time. Do you think we might have actually missed Colback?  :naughty:

Here's an unwelcome, but genuine, question. Both goals we conceded today were influenced by a lack of midfield harrying and effort. The guy beat Shelvey far too easily to cross for the first goal. There were three Newcastle players closer to our goal when the eventual goal scorer started his run (including Shelvey) for the second goal; only Dummet, who had the most ground to make up, tracked back. Had Colback been playing centrally with Hayden I'm not sure both plYers would have had as much time. Do you think we might have actually missed Colback?  :naughty:

So that means we need to have three defensive midfielders to stop championship teams from scoring against us? Is Shelvey that much of a liability? Are championship teams really that worthy of respect? I think there's just some footballers who aren't able to impose themselves against championship opponents and Colback is one of them rather than the answer.