Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

Being fined for being a tiny bit over the weight he should have been is one thing, being completely ostracised and forced to train with the kids whilst being totally overlooked for a place in the squad is something else.

And who the fuck is Pardew to lecture any cunt on professionalism? The bloke pushes linesmen, verbally abuses his peers and headbutts opposition players and is still allowed to carry on doing a (shit) job. 

Guest neesy111

I am no fan of Pardew and I love watching HBA play, but the glorification of this man is getting ridiculous. YES he has been treated badly, but that doesn't mean he has not acted unprofessionally. It's like talking about darwin to mormons in here.  :lol:

This is true actually.

Alright I'm out. This is pointless.

So you try to create a debate then bottle it and run when you do.  :lol:

Hardly any debate here. I want HBA to play as much as any other. What I said was that it's pointless to argue on this matter because people are so biased. And ffs I think I made a good point. When people commented that the overweight talk was bullshit and wanted "proof" I linked to one of the many articles thats been on the matter. 

All I call for is some rationalism. Ffs  :lol:

Also there is no way Elliot came back on the correct weight or under BUT he licks the King's ringpiece so can get away with it

Maybe you know, players had their own weight target?

Elliot is one fat fucker mind.

I'm with Albert.  He's been treated badly but there's really no excuse for a prfoessional footballer in his peak years to be out of shape to the extent he's breaking weight limits.

I'd think the scale would go from minimum weight to ideal weight to maximum weight so it's not like he's come back a bit over his ideal weight, he's come back over the maximum allowed.  Just eat less shite ffs.

The weight thing is just a bull shit excuse to fine him, as if any other player would be treated this way for returning over weight :lol: most sensible teams just tell them to work it off in pre season, that's what the bloody thing is there for ffs.

If it's just about his weight, I expect to see him back in shape and back in the squad very soon seeing as he's in full training now and probably our most talented player.

Oh.

If it's just about his weight, I expect to see him back in shape and back in the squad very soon seeing as he's in full training now and probably our most talented player.

Oh.

Of course it's not just about the weight. Main reason for him not playing last season is probably Pardews yellow belly tactics. But that doesn't mean everything said and done is a conspiracy against Ben Arfa.

Has anyone ever heard of a player being fined for coming back over weight before? Doubt it is the first time something like this has happened like, but I'm pretty sure I've never heard anyone else being fined for it.

Has anyone ever heard of a player being fined for coming back over weight before? Doubt it is the first time something like this has happened like, but I'm pretty sure I've never heard anyone else being fined for it.

Not sure about the fine part but the overweight thing probably happens all the time. That's why pre-season training is so intensive, to get them back into shape after 6 weeks of switching off. I remember Gazza would have to run miles wearing sweat suits because he'd always come back far too fat to play.

Here's one example...

"Fair Play Season 3 Cheick Tioté part 2 [ english subtitle]" into youtube and go to 6.22

Saw that Milan story was on the front page of r/soccer. Some of the Newcastle fans responses man :anguish:

Im a massive fan of Ben Arfa but Im fine with this tbh. His fitness has been an issue for the last year and in all the time hes been at the club, there has only been two or three stretches of matches were he has actually been in form.

he just made absolutely no effort in getting back, so if our RB was overlapping and we lost possession, the other team had a free passage down the wing

Great skills, bad attitude

I agree he is out best player and my favourite but what can you do when his attitude is poor and he's not fit? Also we played better without him last season when we had a good spell as at Newcastle we need players to track back, hopefully cebbela can fill the void