Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

The people running the club will not allow us to go into next season weaker than this one just gone, I am absolutely certain of that.  They would just never do that.

p*ss off Ian.

Once again great 3 word post, Dave. I understand why people may be anxious but I think it's reasonable to judge our progress at the end of the window.

That's a good idea.  Nobody has ever suggested that before.

It is certainly an interesting concept considering I don't remember the last time we left a transfer window with the squad stronger than it was before hand.

I guess we will replace seniors with youth, although what chance they will be given to get experience and game time to learn, who knows.

It is certainly an interesting concept considering I don't remember the last time we left a transfer window with the squad stronger than it was before hand.

January 2013 would be the last time surely.

Guest Roger Kint

Even that was arguable to an extent seeing as we lost Ba and did sod all to replace him

Even that was arguable to an extent seeing as we lost Ba and did sod all to replace him

Not arguable at all imo.  Brought in 5 decent players, the squad was unquestionably stronger.

I wonder how many of those will still be here come September?

Considering most of the reserves look like they trained with the first team, I assume he trained with the u-18s or something then.

Must have had a proper fall out, him and Pardew, if he can't even give him a fresh start for pre-season.

Considering most of the reserves look like they trained with the first team, I assume he trained with the u-18s or something then.

Must have had a proper fall out, him and Pardew, if he can't even give him a fresh start for pre-season.

Doesn't run around like a headless chicken so Pardew only sees his as a liability sadly.

This is the grim reality of us under Pardew.

Or he's came back ridiculously out of shape (relatively speaking for a pro footballer before people start) that he's made it easy again for Pardew to make an excuse to cast him aside. He should have been spending the summer drafting to get into peak shape not turn up like he did in that photo posted at the weekend.

Guest bimpy474

So rather than clear the air and start afresh, cuntface is still habouring a grudge. The man who never freezes anyone out.

I was stupidly looking forward to browsing through photos of him smiling, and having a laugh with the rest of the squad. Hopefully getting back in the mix, but no. This is what we have to put up with. You can only laugh at how stupid this situation is, or I'd just end up getting more wound up.

Trained with the reserves today.

Source?

Looking at the pics on the website, there doesnt seem to have been a "reserves training".  Satka, Streete, Armstrong, Kemen and others were all in training (if you can call it that on the first day back) with the senior players.

They're not all back in yet either, obviously the ones at the world cup but Ben Arfa, Marveaux, Santon, Elliot, Gouffran & Jonas werent there either

Guest bimpy474

Trained with the reserves today.

Source?

Looking at the pics on the website, there doesnt seem to have been a "reserves training".  Satka, Streete, Armstrong, Kemen and others were all in training (if you can call it that on the first day back) with the senior players.

They're not all back in yet either, obviously the ones at the world cup but Ben Arfa, Marveaux, Santon, Elliot, Gouffran & Jonas werent there either

Marv was.

Guest bimpy474

Also didn't this happen last season, some of the players did a different training in the first few days from others, so they didn't all appear together at first. It might be something like that again and we're reading too much into it.