Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

Guest zicomartin

I dont think its THAT complicated, tbh.

Instead of having just one huge banner, why not just put out a few but much smaller, professionally printed banners up, scattered about with different anti Pardew truths (so as to be not offensive)?

In TV land, actual size isn't as important as a 'good shot',  to the director - if he can zoom in to a perfect 16:9 (landscape) aspect ratio for TV, it will fit the screen, and he will be happy.

Its quantity (mucho content) on TV that counts. Just sayin...

A few strategically placed (ie. easy angles for the TV cameramen in the lower tiers) groups of young smart women in BEN ARFA 'HOPE' T-shirts would be a surefire winner (you get the gist, you have a whole thread on women in football tops, ffs).

If you make the statement smaller, but attractive and perfectly to scale, that will get you more media coverage, as the zoomed in 'frames' will fit perfectly, and the TV directors and tabloids will lap it up.

:coolsmiley:

I do see zicomartin's point, but there is room for big and small prints.

I think getting shitload of 'Hopeless' flyers into the ground would be good personally.

You would have to do that outside the ground.

The smaller banners are also good..by small I mean smaller.

But other people have to help put them up.  I cant walk around the stadium putting up 6 banners.

I am only going this weekend becasue HBA asked us to and it would be a massive waste of getting the ok off that guy to not.

Also the big thing that has annoyed me is that no one who actually goes to the games has said anything about helping.

No one could even be arsed to show some support when I made a comment on the strawberrys facebook for not hosting the banners.

Also say 10 20 people went to the game on Monday there is no way they could take the banners down.

There was 2 old steward and a woman. 

So many people saying well done with the banners and how much they hate Pardew but make no effort.

But then again people donated to the banner fund so there is at least that.

This is actually the only thing I care about to do with NUFC at the moment.

I don't care if we win or lose ..mostly I hope we lose.

I dont think its THAT complicated, tbh.

Instead of having just one huge banner, why not just put out a few but much smaller, professionally printed banners up, scattered about with different anti Pardew truths (so as to be not offensive)?

In TV land, actual size isn't as important as a 'good shot',  to the director - if he can zoom in to a perfect 16:9 (landscape) aspect ratio for TV, it will fit the screen, and he will be happy.

Its quantity (mucho content) on TV that counts. Just sayin...

A few strategically placed (ie. easy angles for the TV cameramen in the lower tiers) groups of young smart women in BEN ARFA 'HOPE' T-shirts would be a surefire winner (you get the gist, you have a whole thread on women in football tops, ffs).

If you make the statement smaller, but attractive and perfectly to scale, that will get you more media coverage, as the zoomed in 'frames' will fit perfectly, and the TV directors and tabloids will lap it up.

:coolsmiley:

If look back I have tired to suggest some places for the banners to go but had no response.

Guest zicomartin

Sounds promising.

maybe just start with the cheap T-shirts... take the copy (of the HBA print) to all the t-shirt printing places in town and get them to make it available for public sale (get it in the shop window if possible).

Then do the berets, and even try to get a pic with Hatem wearing one, fake wig optional.  :lol:

It might even catch on once people see it in MOTD, on Sky Sports and  around the town.

YOU guys TURNED the local media before the Cardiff game, you can do it again.

Nobody else can, apparently.

So you got hijacked by the anti - Ashley crowd, that was an unforeseen disaster IMO, as they shifted the focus to the owner instead, and inadvertently created a club siege mentality.  Stupid c***s. But whatever.

Its now up to guys like Slim and Santoon and the rest of the troops on the ground to instill change.

Sounds like a proper revolution    :knuppel2:

Guest firetotheworks

http://oi58.tinypic.com/20jg5sy.jpg

Anyone else think that behind Slim's hair and beard...there's a beautiful woman?

Chris,

The club recognised that all fans are entitled to their opinion and as long as the message or the poster they display could not be construed as offensive or abusive or a nuisance to others the posters are generally allowed , and as previously stated must meet the necessary safety criteria.

Regards

Thats from a manager of the security and health and safety

Unfortunately, the word 'generally' stand out like a sore thumb to me. The writer of the emailed covered themselves with that.

Surely it's the "must meet the necessary safety criteria" line that's the biggest problem... None of them do or can now be made to be according to the manufacturer...

Also the big thing that has annoyed me is that no one who actually goes to the games has said anything about helping.

Few meetings to go before you actually get to take action!  :)

Although tbf I think just about everyone off here who used to go has jacked it - do we have many who still go to the games?

Think people should be prepared that he'll be sold/loaned out any moment now. Not that I am but I still can't believe he'd waste half a season in the reserves.

Think we are really, I'm resigned to never seeing him play for the first team again.

madness this like, pardew could transform the entire feeling around the club by sitting down with him and bringing HBA back to the fold for palace

if you were pardew you'd surely know you need a win, and by that i don't mean a ground out 1-0 vs. the worst team in the division, i mean he needs a win himself to try and get people back on his side...surprising everyone and putting HBA on the bench saturday with the intention to throw him in if we're not winning would go a long way to helping his cause

lucky he's such a fuckwit or he might actually do it