Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

Steve Bruce has vowed to get the best out of Hatem Ben Arfa – by showing him the affection he was starved of at Newcastle.

Ben Arfa has been booted out of Toon and banished to Hull on loan, with under-fire Magpies boss Alan Pardew insisting he got rid because the French winger lacked “a love and a passion for the club.”

Ben Arfa disputes his manager’s claims, and Pardew has come under heavy fire from fans who are furious with him for dumping their favourite.

But Tigers chief Bruce, who has been linked with the St James’ Park job if Pardew gets the bullet, piled the pressure on his Toon counterpart by insisting Ben Arfa has been “ostracised” on Tyneside.

Ben Arfa, 27, will kick off his stint at the Yorkshire club with a place on the bench at home to West Ham on Monday night with Bruce revealing: ”I’ll assess him, but I don’t think he’s fit enough to go straight in at the start because he hasn’t played 90 minutes for I don’t know how long.

“But that’s what you get when you’ve been ostracised, having to work with the under-21’s. You are going to miss the intensity of playing and training, that’s pretty normal. So he’s still got a bit to do fitness-wise.

“What I do know, though, is that there is no doubt about Hatem’s ability. Absolutely not. I also think he might just have something to prove and, when someone has got a fire burning inside them to show people they are wrong, then maybe Hull City can benefit from that. Let’s hope so.

“There might be a bit of a maverick in him, but there are a few mavericks around here so he’s in good company! All I want him to do is go out there and enjoy playing again, feel wanted, be part of the club and be appreciated for what he’s got.

"A year ago I remember when we beat Newcastle up at their place, our thoughts wer,e ‘How do we stop Ben Arfa?’ because he is such a talent and was their big player at the time. So he’s always been there on our radar, and I thought ‘why hasn’t anybody gone in for him?’

“They wanted £6million probably at the start of the summer, so I kept monitoring it and, on deadline day, I thought ‘okay, let’s go for it.’

“What Hatem has to do now is knuckle down and get himself physically in the right condition, because you can’t play in the Premier League if you’re not 100 per cent right. I won’t take any risks with him, but he’s going to have a big part to play here because he gives us the flexibility to play whatever formation we like.”

:indi:

Dammit <_<

There's more common sense in that statement alone than everything we've seen from NUFC in the last year.

When he went to see the neighbor Gateshead (D5) play a Tuesday night in mid-winter to support a hope of Pies was loaned there

:lol:

Never Ben Arfa will be a lamb or easy to navigate player. However, if he keeps this infinite love he has the ball, he has already found the most important sense of the life of a man: joy.

:(

The capture of Newcastle United’s Ben Arfa is a real coup and if Bruce can bring the best out of the enigmatic Frenchman, he will fire the imagination of fans at the KC Stadium. Although inconsistent, the 27-year-old is capable of producing performances that take the breath away, destroying rival teams single-handed.

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/features/talking-tactics-attacking-enforcements-set-to-excite-hull-city-fans.html

Guardian

This season the fans’ disgruntlement has been exacerbated by Pardew’s controversial decision to loan Hatem Ben Arfa– a France international with whom he had fallen out – to Hull. Under the terms of that deal Ben Arfa cannot play on Saturday but Bruce is thought to be contemplating putting the Frenchman in Hull dugout.

Get in there Brucie! :lol:

Guest TruToon94
Steve Bruce has vowed to get the best out of Hatem Ben Arfa – by showing him the affection he was starved of at Newcastle.

Ben Arfa has been booted out of Toon and banished to Hull on loan, with under-fire Magpies boss Alan Pardew insisting he got rid because the French winger lacked “a love and a passion for the club.”

Ben Arfa disputes his manager’s claims, and Pardew has come under heavy fire from fans who are furious with him for dumping their favourite.

But Tigers chief Bruce, who has been linked with the St James’ Park job if Pardew gets the bullet, piled the pressure on his Toon counterpart by insisting Ben Arfa has been “ostracised” on Tyneside.

Ben Arfa, 27, will kick off his stint at the Yorkshire club with a place on the bench at home to West Ham on Monday night with Bruce revealing: ”I’ll assess him, but I don’t think he’s fit enough to go straight in at the start because he hasn’t played 90 minutes for I don’t know how long.

“But that’s what you get when you’ve been ostracised, having to work with the under-21’s. You are going to miss the intensity of playing and training, that’s pretty normal. So he’s still got a bit to do fitness-wise.

“What I do know, though, is that there is no doubt about Hatem’s ability. Absolutely not. I also think he might just have something to prove and, when someone has got a fire burning inside them to show people they are wrong, then maybe Hull City can benefit from that. Let’s hope so.

“There might be a bit of a maverick in him, but there are a few mavericks around here so he’s in good company! All I want him to do is go out there and enjoy playing again, feel wanted, be part of the club and be appreciated for what he’s got.

"A year ago I remember when we beat Newcastle up at their place, our thoughts wer,e ‘How do we stop Ben Arfa?’ because he is such a talent and was their big player at the time. So he’s always been there on our radar, and I thought ‘why hasn’t anybody gone in for him?’

“They wanted £6million probably at the start of the summer, so I kept monitoring it and, on deadline day, I thought ‘okay, let’s go for it.’

“What Hatem has to do now is knuckle down and get himself physically in the right condition, because you can’t play in the Premier League if you’re not 100 per cent right. I won’t take any risks with him, but he’s going to have a big part to play here because he gives us the flexibility to play whatever formation we like.”

This is what the thickos amongst our fans don't get and what Pardew certainly doesn't. Ben Arfa is the type of player who adds that extra level to an attacking team because managers have to have two players marking him just to stop his talent.  With three up front that leave two defenders having to try and stop two other strikers which is why that formation would be great at our club with Ben Arfa here.

Compare that to now and other clubs now that all you need is a single man marking our only striker and we are completely negated in any form of goal scoring. Seriously fuck the fans who supported this guy leaving and fuck Pardew because I can't wait for him to show them what he's capable of.

My only hope is the new manager isn't a total moron and will have a meeting with this guy to say he wants to build the team around him when he gets back. Wouldn't of backed Bruce before but it looks as if he might be able to get Ben Arfa back into our squad.