Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

"Invariably, the supposedly more difficult characters (Arnautovic) give you that spark that can change games, so you have to understand their issues, if they have issues, work around them and get the best out of them - that's what I try to do and my staff try to do.

"It's fair to say he came with a little bit of baggage, but we were probably exactly what he needed to get out of the environment he found himself in. German football, maybe because of a few episodes there, hadn't taken too kindly to him.

"He's come into an environment that appreciates him, appreciates what he can do for the team, and his personality is different and players enjoy being around him.

"It's not easy to come in and have an impact, certainly as a creative player. It's easier for defensive-minded players. When you are a creative player the onus is on you to win games and that's more difficult, but once he's got to grips with it, the second half of the season has been good for the team and good for him. In terms of his ability to cross on the run, he's one of the best I've seen."

Mark Hughes quote after we played them last season, on Arnautovic. Now I don't like the bloke at all, but that is how players like Arnautovic and Ben Arfa should be managed. Pardew is terrible tactically, but his man management is disgusting. His ego is so big yet he's done nothing in his life or career to warrant it. Just a horrible prick, hopefully he's squirming in the comfort of the dugout next home game.

"Invariably, the supposedly more difficult characters (Arnautovic) give you that spark that can change games, so you have to understand their issues, if they have issues, work around them and get the best out of them - that's what I try to do and my staff try to do.

"It's fair to say he came with a little bit of baggage, but we were probably exactly what he needed to get out of the environment he found himself in. German football, maybe because of a few episodes there, hadn't taken too kindly to him.

"He's come into an environment that appreciates him, appreciates what he can do for the team, and his personality is different and players enjoy being around him.

"It's not easy to come in and have an impact, certainly as a creative player. It's easier for defensive-minded players. When you are a creative player the onus is on you to win games and that's more difficult, but once he's got to grips with it, the second half of the season has been good for the team and good for him. In terms of his ability to cross on the run, he's one of the best I've seen."

Mark Hughes quote after we played them last season, on Arnautovic. Now I don't like the bloke at all, but that is how players like Arnautovic and Ben Arfa should be managed. Pardew is terrible tactically, but his man management is disgusting. His ego is so big yet he's done nothing in his life or career to warrant it. Just a horrible prick, hopefully he's squirming in the comfort of the dugout next home game.

Worst part is Arnautovic isn't even half the player Benny is.

So ...

Mark Hughes on Arnautovic.

Neil Warnock on Taraabt.

Both these managers, are more clued up than Pardew. Imagine the disgustingly unfortunate position we currently find ourselves in.

God help us.

Arnautovic is quality. If there was any point to our footballing existence, I'd have him here in a flash.

He started off so poorly when he joined last season, and still has his ups and downs. He still looks shocking at times. But guess what, the manager sticks by him, because he produces moments of brilliance, and is a genuinely talented player, who is great when he gets into a rhythm. Our manager is a disgrace.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-newcastle-united-star-lee-7747354

Lee Clark has revealed that Hatem Ben Arfa showed a courteous and respectful attitude after Birmingham City’s bid to take him to the Championship.

The Chronicle reported on August 30 that Blues chief Clark was keen on the playmaker and eager to offer him a spot in his Birmingham XI.

But Ben Arfa resisted the move and landed a loan deal to Hull City instead.

Clark, though, insisted he was serious about bringing Ben Arfa to the second city.

He said: “I contacted (first team coach) Steve Stone to find out about his availability. I then spoke to (managing director) Lee Charnley and asked about Ben Arfa to see if we could do anything.

“They came back to say that he wanted to stay in the Premier League but the player appreciated our interest and thanked us for it.

“Unfortunately, we couldn’t get that one done either.

“But if you don’t ask these questions then you are never going to know.”

So ...

Mark Hughes on Arnautovic.

Neil Warnock on Taraabt.

Both these managers, are more clued up than Pardew. Imagine the disgustingly unfortunate position we currently find ourselves in.

God help us.

Both of those manager played as attacking players.  I believe its likely that they understand creative players better than Pardew because of this.  Pardew was a defender, and approaches each game as a defender,  he seems to think that if we defend then goals somehow magically happen.  Failing to spot that the players required to create that magic aren't going to be defending, and failing to provide that platform from the rest of the team for them to have the autonomy to produce goals. 

What's almost as 'unreal' is the fact there's still a defence for Colo on here despite the fact he's been awful as a captain and a defender for well over 18 months now.

How about him appearing in our All Time XI thread on multiple occasions :lol:

Don't think Colo helps himself either, the only time you hear of/about him is something negative.

Ultimately though it just shows the weakness of the manager if he's letting players decide the team. Not much of a king then. A snivelly shit like Baldrick would be more accurate.