Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

I mean, he was also born in the suburbs of Paris. If Newcastle were the best team in England and wanted to sign me even though I knew I might not make the team, I'd still be signing for Newcastle over signing for some mid table alsorans.

I'm sure he's being fat lazy Hatem in training, which I'm not defending, but you know what you're getting when you sign him, so banishing him like this seems ridiculous.

Still hope he can turn it round and be the boss on the big stage, but not hugely shocked it's gone this way.

I stand by my original point, his career post Newcastle changes nothing about his time here. You can feel vindicated by his time at Hull or Nice, depending upon whether you're a fan or not. Ultimately it means nothing, because when he was here he might have had issues, but he was brilliant, treated like shit by a gaping cunt of a man, dropped for far inferior and less effective players, ostracised, and should have done even more with us. Personally, I'm cautious around non Ben Arfa fans and generally just assume that they don't like football for what I consider to be 'the right reasons' and potentially know fuck all about football as well. He's one of my favourite Newcastle players of all time, not because he was one of the best (although talent wise, he is), but because for me he represents everything that I love football and what I loved about growing up watching Beardsley, Ginola and Asprilla. He plays like a kid in the school yard who wants to take everyone on a score. It's rare that you get that excitement from a player these days, and it's exactly what I want to see.

:thup: my thoughts almost to a T.

By all acounts he's meant to be lazy in training. He's never been fat but he's came back fairly over his ideal weight a few times. At PSG it's completely understandable that he would be dropped, they're a world class side. At Newcastle and Hull though, managed by Pardew and Bruce? Puel knew exactly how to handle him at a mid tier club, he just let him get on with it and was rewarded massively.

:lol:

Guest firetotheworks

a gaping cunt of a man

[emoji38] Cannot stop laughing at this. It's the adjective that does it. This generation, man.

I wish. As it happens, I'm just an immature 31 year old.

a gaping cunt of a man

[emoji38] Cannot stop laughing at this. It's the adjective that does it. This generation, man.

I wish. As it happens, I'm just an immature 31 year old.

Don't sweat about that, man. I'm an immature 55 year old. You just learn things as you go and end up knowing how to deal with pretty much everything. You'll be fine. :thup:

Difficult one if a proper football manager in Unai Emery is questioning his fitness.

In fairness as good as Emery is he's very cautious and tends to favour a different type of player than what Ben Arfa brings.

As much as I love the bloke, I think we've ran out of excuses. Something's obviously gone on for him not to even make the squads.

:thup:

Hatem has always been a PSG Fan. He grew up in Paris, had posters of the club in his room when he was a kid, and he is still one.

His aims were to reach the top, to play the Champions league with a big club, and become (one of) teh best player(s) in the world. You got a offer from PSG, you take it. Especially when they tell you they want to win the Champions league with you. You believe in yourself, that's why you refused offers from China when they gave you 10 times more money than Nice. It would have made no sense to stay in Nice if you thought you could reach the top, which was his idea from the begining. And the lad's 29, not 20. He wasted enough time.

He's sometimes lazy in traing, and absent minded. It's no secret. If this is the reason why you don't make him play, you just don't sign the man at the first place. When he played for PSG, at an unusal place for him, he did not do that bad. I blame PSG for the situation, not him.