Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

Guest Dontooner

Bruce is a s*** manager but marginally better than Pardew.

Think Bruce will change his team tactically if he has a stronger hand where else Pardew's teams will always hide. More of a chance to see better football under Bruce. Pardew has no tactics and need voodoo and magic most of the time.

Pretty sure Messi or Ronaldo will be frown upon by Pardew by their lack of defending and graft.

To be honest - I'm not even sure why I fighting his corner as I won't choose him to be our manager, but if you look at his track record, he's done a pretty decent job (bar Sunderland) wherever he's been.  He got Birmingham promoted from a pretty crap league position, admittedly got them relegated, but then got them straight back up again.  He established Wigan as mid-table Premier League team (arguably doing a better job than Martinez), got Hull promoted with a pretty awful team and did pretty well in their first season up.

He's clearly not a terrible manager.

I think he does a decent job for a while and then it all goes a bit stale.  Maybe there are reasons for that - perhaps he has not been able to freshen up the squad when needed.  However, I just think he an 18 month manager and his record this year is only marginally better than Pardew's and he has been allowed to bring a lot of decent players of his choosing.

If the club was ran properly and with any kind of ambition, Bruce's name wouldn't even be uttered.

Bruce has got his market stall out now, we all know his limitations and how far he can take teams. He'll keep a side in the league, spend moderately on okay players and not push on from there.

If the club was ran properly and with any kind of ambition, Bruce's name wouldn't even be uttered.

Bruce has got his market stall out now, we all know his limitations and how far he can take teams. He'll keep a side in the league, spend moderately on okay players and not push on from there.

Sounds almost perfect Ashley.

:lol:

I agree, he's decent.

Agree with that but he's just very conservative which a lot of British managers are IMO. I think that if MYM had gone to Hull instead of Roma on loan that he wouldn't be starting for them yet and look how well he's doing at Roma

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=fr&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fcahiersdufootball.net%2Fblogs%2Fteenage-kicks%2F2014%2F10%2F15%2F23-jai-visite-dun-endroit-magique-interview%2F&edit-text=&act=url

The Back Page, close to St. James' Park (SJP), is the bookshop football provided most of the planet. It is also the favorite hang-out nerd Hatem Ben Arfa and many football fans around the world. It's Back Page qu'HBA wanted to launch what the media (wrongly) called her "against attack," Alan Pardew just before dispatches the artist misunderstood in Hull City. Meeting with his atypical boss Mick Edmondson, a man you do not meet Every Day as sung by Pogues.

Interview, Part Two

Me: Mick, let's get to the "Ben Arfa deal" early August as the Back Page was its epicenter. It has been said and written extensively Hatem Ben Arfa wanted to organize a sort of "anti operation Newcastle United." French and foreign media so who simply relaying their English counterparts, spoke of " against attack "," duel "," snub "," wrestling "," against-evening "etc. In short, all the bellicose vocabulary of balance of power is past and HBA is hewn. Your side please.

Mick: Already, it is wrong to say or write Hatem Ben Arfa wanted to organize anything to defend themselves. Let me be clear: Hatem has never, ever tried to organize against any attack or dédidace shaped "settling of scores" as has been said, written and discussed ad nauseam.

The truth is that all this has been blown out of proportion by the British media and mechanically picked by everyone else. An unfortunate combination of circumstances at the respective timing of both parties [NUFC and HBA] made telescope things and stuff quickly turned media circus, and neither I nor Hatem can not control anything. The media made a Ben Arfa vs Pardew affair but it is absolutely not what happened on his arrival here. We really need people to know the truth, I'll explain.

Yeah please me because I was on vacation, totally disconnected from the football news and it was not until well after I read some stuff and heard local gossip columnists. So what has really happened?

Well, let's take from the start. As Hatem love this place and it comes from time to time, some months ago I asked Bruno [sevaistre, near HBA, see Part 1]: "Is Hatem willing to come here to supps meet, chat with them, sign autographs, etc. ? ", As it has already done with some players. Hatem said OK, no problem. So we arrange the meet & greet for just before the start of the season but quit exact date because Bruno would contact me in due course.

In early August, Bruno tells me over the phone that it's good, Hatem come. I was on vacation with the family so I organized it as I can. I come back Sunday, August 10 to see Real Sociedad Newcastle at St James' Park in a friendly and in the evening, it was announced on our website the arrival of Hatem. The season resumed on August 16 and it was therefore necessary to meet & greet before restarting the Premier League and as Bruno was flying to France on August 13, our only practicable date was Tuesday, August 12, 18 hours.

Meanwhile, Newcastle United confirmed the holding of the Open day on August 12 [training exceptionally open to supps to SJP, the only of the year, meeting with players, etc.]. Total coincidence, I assure you. On the one hand, it was only 12 as a possible date, and secondly, we first determined the date before knowing exactly when the Open day to be held. Anyway, as the day ended at Open 14 hours, Bruno said: "Hatem can and will do both, Open day and your evening Meet & greet, no worries, it will come, Hatem sticks to it. "

But the next day, Monday, 11 problem. The club said Hatem: "You decided to meet supps the same day of the Open day of the club and make your own session décidace, OK. But needless to point you to the Open day of the club then. "

Oh yeah totally, the club refused him to come to the Open day then?

[Worship]. Yes, bluntly, they refused, without explanation. The media have concluded that as Hatem had been excluded from the Open day, he decided, in retaliation say, organize their attack against the form of a dedication / autograph session. Crazy. It was just a coincidence level dates but he was perfectly willing to participate in the Open day course, he wanted to do both.

Like I said, I was not about Newcastle but I know he has said in the media Hatem were more or less empty his bag during the meet & greet here.

Yes, it is told that, but it's not at all, at all what we intended to do. We specifically on our website Hatem came to meet us at the supps, chat with them without ceremony. Never in our mind or hers it was to settle scores or create problems.

This meeting with the supps was eventually canceled. It would not have been possible to maintain and explain to everyone what happened?

No, because in the meantime a media circus was created and on the day, a lot of journalists are here to ask pointed questions about Hatem Pardew for example, which was of course not the whole purpose His coming here. In short, it would have been a mess. So we had to cancel and put a brief message on our site to explain. Then, the media told a whole bunch of stuff more or less fanciful.

It is true that in such case the rule approximation and the race for clicks premium, in the end we did not bother checking, sometimes even among the so-called media "quality" the best known (broadsheets, according the English term used), I have often found in England. Especially when the player in question has an image problem (if Ben Arfa in France), the media sometimes say bah, all will pass anyway so why "to annoy" to waste time checking out!

Yes, it's crazy. The media sometimes really tell anything in this kind of story. Everything comes together at breakneck speed and you attend a helpless uncontrollable runaway asking you where they got it all.

In this connection , for example, the journalist / freelance / intern wrote: "Hatem Ben Arfa has decided to strike back against [...] the French international midfielder has decided to organize at the same time in a nearby bookstore facilities Magpies, his own book signing. "So that if he had checked rapido on the club's website ( here ), he would have seen that the session ended at 14 pm NUFC and not "at the same time" as the Back Page scheduled for 18 h, as shown clearly on your website. And therefore, not least that level timing, it could not stick with a so-called malicious intent on the part of Hatem Ben Arfa. Problem is that this site, to take that one , is widely read and widely reported. In this brief, there are 271 such reactions, huge for a single release. All this contributes to the establishment of a special climate and distorts the debate over time. We seek to create a buzz at all costs and to hell with what the facts.

Yes, absolutely, it is a constant danger. In our case, as a media talkSPORT eg [biggest British sports radio] Embroidered and told a little anything, Hatem was absolutely wanted to make his own signing session, he had not kept his commitments that shot and dropped, supps disappointed in the end, etc.

Hatem contacted you since?

Yes, 4 or 5 times. He even came to see me here on the day of the announcement of his departure to Hull City.

Obviously, you wish it remains ...

Of course. But Pardew then ... [worship] ... When you think Pardew Mapou Yanga-lent Mbiwa to Roma! Damn, Yanga-Mbiwa was recently named "Defender of the Month" in Italy or Rookie anyway ... The other night against Man City, you saw huh, he totally muzzled Aguero. Yanga-Mbiwa is a crack, Roma even wants to sign him suddenly, and Pardew him he ready! It's amazing.

The problem is that many of your players were " Pardewed "as they say your supps [To be Pardewed = lose its qualities become common, often due to poor positioning or offensive nervousness], Pardew was such play Yanga-Mbiwa right back last year and the list of ill-positioned is long ...

Indeed, it is long! When you have paid £ 6m for Yanga-Mbiwa, yet Pardew knew he was Champion of France with Montpellier center-back but hey, going to understand something Pardew ...

We will come back on Pardew and Mike Ashley but later change the subject. Which other players or athletes are known or have come here?

Oh, many, Newcastle United footballers of course, Bob Moncur came, almost the entire team of European triumph 1969 actually, Malcolm Macdonald came many times, Alan Kennedy also [Magpie before becoming a Liverpool legend] . Among the most recent, Philippe Albert often and always has had, we had Tino Asprilla, Shay Given ... In the current team, Tim Krul happened, Cheik Tiote also quite a few times. Nile Ranger also ... [his guns without hope]. Some commentators also, as Martin Tyler [ex Sky].

As for other sports, the best known we had Greg Rutherford, the 2012 Olympic champion in the long jump, it helps in making searches on Jock Rutherford, his great-grandfather who has long played Newcastle United and Arsenal at the beginning of last century. Also late Alex Higgins , he had the opportunity to [former world champion snooker died in 2010 in particularly tragic circumstances, well known in the UK - partly for his restless lifestyle].

What events do you organize the Back Page?

Book launches, the dédidaces, discussions, this kind of thing. It allows everyone to meet interesting people and share. That's also the Back Page.

You're also an author for that matter, is not it?

Yes, I published the book Black & White Daft * over the period 1979-1984 NUFC. He sold properly, it has just passed 3000 via Back Page and Amazon.

I finished later today, from 1984 to 1990, it should be out next Christmas in principle. The book will end this terrible semifinals of the playoffs (for the increase in D1) against Sunderland in May 1990 [nes: Match A / R memorable, Sunderland won 2-0 at SJP in return, supps Mags did not like and invaded the pitch in the hope of giving up the game. Band bad players. To no avail, of course. Two years later, the arrival of Kevin Keegan (manager) and, above all, means the duo John Hall, Freddy Shepherd, Newcastle United propel a much higher dimension].

I also ran the eponymous fanzine for a few years but was arrested in early 2013 **, to focus on the store and the rest, as it is very addictive.

[* Interesting book that contains many cuts of press time - on violence, racism, etc. - Testimonials from fans and some historians club on this dark period of British football. Well unfortunately because ** B & WD was excellent].

Let's talk about Newcastle and its perception fans to support "a great club." Once you've wanted to impress me by saying that the jersey 1995-96 NUFC [below age of entertainers Kevin Keegan] was the best-selling at the time.

I confess that I have always frankly hard to believe. You got evidence, numbers?

Concrete evidence, numbers, no, but it is a fact that jersey was the best-selling at the time. Adidas contacts if you do not believe me. I do not remember where I read it but it's the absolute truth know.

[i emphasize all this because I think highly suspect].

Look, Adidas jersey even sold more than NUFC Mannschaft at the time!

[i become extremely skeptical, even though hearing Blair himself up as large thurifer values ​​left or Cameron we talk about equality of opportunity ... I can not help but drop a pouffement].

Entertainers this team was certainly beautiful and also very close to winning the title but then to be as popular worldwide, hmm. I lived in Yorkshire at the time and I have in mind this time even though I did not really followed the clubs in the North East. [i decide to do in the brachycérophilie] In fact, most people liked Keegan Ginola, Asprilla and [The] Ferdinand, more than Newcastle United as a club ...

But I assure you it is true. It may sound crazy but it's the truth. You know, Newcastle United was the second club of all supporters of the country, except of course those of Man United [who played the title] and Sunderland. Honestly, I assure you, Newcastle was massive at the time, England everyone loved Newcastle and wore the black and white tunic, it's a FACT!

[A lively discussion ensued on this devastating syndrome massive club with some supps are seriously ill, a phenomenon commonly called "delusions of grandeur" in English. Damn, I even had to endure supps Middlesbrough the other day telling me that their club was "massive". It is true that with Hartlepool and Darlington as neighbors, I understand the sense of reality is completely the smoggies gun].

In your book [released in 2009], which covers the period from 1979 to 1984 Newcastle, you write or someone else wrote I do not know [the book contains much evidence of supps]: "Newcastle was then the One of the most famous and major clubs of the time. "Since you were in D2 during that period, you do not feel you big up a tad, right?

But no, it's a fact: Newcastle is one of the greatest English clubs last 120 years in terms of attendance and fanbase internationally.

[i am a doubtful pout]

In England, especially in the north, in medium-sized cities where there is no club pro, the most worn jersey is that of NUFC. Here, for example, my family often goes to Scarborough [resort of 50,000 inhabitants Yorkshire without a club pro for 15 years] and well I assure you the shirt of Newcastle United is the one we see most .

I know that area and I have not noticed that you were so popular but good. [i against attack] The fact is that by 1989 to 1992, before money J. Hall & F. Shepherd, you really were a small club, 20 th of D2 in 1992, people have forgotten that. Sometimes you were just 6,000 spectators at SJP, as against Oldham in September 1989, 6000, it's light for a "big club"!

[He takes me to fly] But where did you get for such numbers? !!! 6000 spectators in the league, you've read that where?

Wikipedia entry on your 1989-90 season ( it ) in D2 so. It is marked that you had 6167 spectators at home against Oldham. [With a bit of bad faith, I fail to specify that c 'was in the League Cup, hoping he will not fall but Mick knows ALL the crowds the club for decades]

[Worship] And well it's bullshit, it was definitely not in the league and more SJP was under construction at that time, I was at that game also [He attends all home games for 32 year old]. Look, I'm ...

[He takes me in an office full of docu Newcastle and instantly find myself all programs NUFC matches for the season in question, it has programs in multiple copies. Indeed, it is false arch, their smallest crowds in the league that season was about 15 000 My bluff coarse miserably messed up. Mick enjoys his moment ...]

[Touched but not out, I put a cartridge] Yeah, well hey, you were in D2 what, then these stories of "big club", I want to but it does not hold water. Your last trophy back to 1969 and your last league title in England in 1927!

I'll tell you something. We have clients who, when they go on holiday in Portugal, Spain, Ibiza, Majorca, Tenerife or elsewhere, sit on the terrace of a bar for example and have fun counting the number of jerseys clubs non-Spanish they see. Well, many say to me that Newcastle all season, is the most worn.

They drink what your customers Mick? And with that sun beating down, it suits me not ... do not say that the Newcastle jersey is worn abroad than that of Man United, Liverpool or Arsenal.

If I swear, you will experience if you want, I will not chats. Maybe the last few years we have dropped a little in popularity, but there has always been a huge support abroad and a big international reputation.

Domestically, it has always been in the top three on average. By the early 1900s, it was among the largest crowds. I'll tell you, before the crash of Munich 1958, was more than Man United, FACT! From the creation of the Football League (1888) crash in Munich, The big Man United will beat us 13 seasons on average attendances, 13 seasons only about 60.

Listen to me, in 1946-47 and 1947-48, we were in D2 and despite that we had the highest attendances of the entire Football League [which then included the D1], respectively 49 379 and 56 839 average season ahead of Man United and company. FACT! And we were in D2 !!!

“My fitness levels have improved an awful lot since I first arrived at this club.

“They have got better with each training session. I have worked specifically on sessions to improve my fitness.

“That has worked and I’m now at a level where I want to be so that I can make an impact on the team. I am ready to show how I can play.”

“I am back training with fellow professionals every single day, which makes me happy. I feel as though I've been given a new lease of life under Steve Bruce and the coaching staff here.

"It's important for any player, at every level of the game, that his manager wants him. Steve Bruce wants me and that makes me happy."