Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

Guest firetotheworks

Every single game he played on the right side of a front three, he was a terror. Nothing else to be said.

I am still waiting for an explanation on why he was ever taken away from that position, especially after that season where he was so devastating there, alongside Cisse and Ba.

One highlighted, the other probably how often Debuchy got himself forward.

Riddled with myths as well.

Mercurial

One game in ten

Doesn't work hard

All total bullshit.

Fine. Love the guy too.

So why the dickens were European clubs seemingly so unwilling to invest anything in his signature last summer?

Again with this :lol:

We've seen plenty of players move to 'lesser' clubs in the past, it's no indication of anything and I have no idea why people choose to cite nonsense like this over things they've actually witnessed with their own eyes.

I know with my own eyes he's the kind of talented and exciting player I long to have playing for us.

I'm asking the question because it's frankly baffling that nobody (including Pardew) wanted him based on what we've all seen, but they clearly have some kind of reasoning behind it and I'd like to know what it is. You say we have seen plenty of players move to 'lesser' clubs, but none that I can remember as skilfull and at such a young age.

:mystery:

Every single game he played on the right side of a front three, he was a terror. Nothing else to be said.

I am still waiting for an explanation on why he was ever taken away from that position, especially after that season where he was so devastating there, alongside Cisse and Ba.

One highlighted, the other probably how often Debuchy got himself forward.

Can't help but feel Pardew was always going to find a reason to drop him regardless. Just so annoying.

Mercurial

One game in ten

Doesn't work hard

All total bullshit.

Fine. Love the guy too.

So why the dickens were European clubs seemingly so unwilling to invest anything in his signature last summer?

We've seen plenty of players move to 'lesser' clubs in the past, it's no indication of anything and I have no idea why people choose to cite nonsense like this over things they've actually witnessed with their own eyes.

I know with my own eyes he's the kind of talented and exciting player I long to have playing for us.

I'm asking the question because it's frankly baffling that nobody (including Pardew) wanted him based on what we've all seen, but they clearly have some kind of reasoning behind it and I'd like to know what it is. You say we have seen plenty of players move to 'lesser' clubs, but none that I can remember as skilfull and at such a young age.

It's simple, he disagreed with Pardball, hated the ultra defensive hoofball we played, was the only one willing to task Pardew on his gameplan and was despised for it, how dare he question the King?? That's when the muck throwing began, the old adage stays true, you throw enough muck, it sticks. "He's a trouble maker" "he's lazy/doesn't track back" "he damages the harmony in the squad". I've been tarnished with lies, worked my arse off and it still haunts me at work for those higher up that don't know me personally. These things don't go away no matter how many times you prove yourself.

Mercurial

One game in ten

Doesn't work hard

All total bullshit.

Fine. Love the guy too.

When he was eventually loaned to Hull his stock wasn't exactly high, he looked overweight in some photos and that was completely overblown in the media, he was rebelling against the manager and wasn't playing football.

Alan Pardew and Steve Bruce have been the 2 managers in charge of his management the past 4 years. I honestly don't think there's anything more to it, they're terrible managers from the same school of thought. Maybe he is a bit of a dick, I don't know, but I do know that Alan Pardew had no genuine reasons for not playing him and I'd be very surprised it it wasn't the same case with Bruce (who also seems to think he's an attacking midfielder which he patently isn't), but by not playing him you're allowing him to slip under the radar and be scrutinised, which is what's happening now.

but I do know that Alan Pardew had no genuine reasons for not playing him

No you dont.

I do though, he's been fit and available for 4 years whilst Pardew has, at various times and for extended periods, instead opted for Papiss Cisse, Gabrielle Obertan, Yoan Gouffran, Sammy Ameobi, Ryan Taylor & Moussa Sissoko on the wings. Ben Arfa would be benched, or play 45 minutes, or come on for the final 10. It changed from week to week and was quite clearly a tactical decision from Pardew - who has actually said as much, multiple times.

No you dont.

I do though, he's been fit and available for 4 years whilst Pardew has, at various times and for extended periods, instead opted for Papiss Cisse, Gabrielle Obertan, Yoan Gouffran, Sammy Ameobi, Ryan Taylor & Moussa Sissoko on the wings. Ben Arfa would be benched, or play 45 minutes, or come on for the final 10. It changed from week to week and was quite clearly a tactical decision from Pardew - who has actually said as much, multiple times.

so theres your genuine reason then...  tactical

Guest firetotheworks

No you dont.

Is that supposed to be a point in Pardew's favour?

Tactical

At RW

Cisse

Obertan

Gouffran

Sammy

RTaylor

Sissoko

:lol:

No you dont.

Is that supposed to be a point in Pardew's favour?

Tactical

At RW

Cisse

Obertan

Gouffran

Sammy

RTaylor

Sissoko

:lol:

Don't forget Bigi.

Guest RJberger

I just cant blame him for pissing off the likes of Bruce and Pardew, both bonafide shit managers.

Needs to go to a team with a manager who has a clue and some decent players and have a proper go, wasted in Hull..

"Lewis Nufc Roseby: have to say i was gutted to see him leave, but we've shown we dont need him"

"Peter Simpson: HA HA FATTIE WELCOME BACK ,,,SHUT YA FAT ARROGANT HOLE AND LEARN TO PASS THE BALL LEARN FROM ROLANDO AARONS ,,,,A RESPESCTFUL FOOTBALLER"

"Alex Reid: Interesting? He's a useless wanker. Always has been apart from the odd game."

"Jon Nugent: No smoke without fire. Being substituted after half an hour ain't just tactical mate. Plus he hasn't exactly been a regular starter has he."

So much :anguish:

Bit of a joke, like. He's 9 years younger and more naturally talented than Frank Lampard. Look at where their respective careers are now. That's the difference having a set of balls makes.

Fuck me, you seriously don't believe this do you? Joey Barton has a "set of balls" as well and has had a nothing career for the most part. Lampard is way more gifted than Ben Arfa, stop throwing around cliches.

To reference "House of Pain" the Cream of the crop, usually rise to the top.