Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

Fuck I hate how much I love him and how much I hate the fucking twats that ruined everything. God damn it all. Fucking pricks. [emoji38]

Well summed up.

This! Crazy how much I miss the beautiful magic bastard. Special player, very special..

I loved Ben Arfa when he was here, but I can't comprehend NUFC fans still banging on about him, three years later. We've had many great players at this club. Players come and go.

Not players and characters like him.

Guest firetotheworks

I loved Ben Arfa when he was here, but I can't comprehend NUFC fans still banging on about him, three years later. We've had many great players at this club. Players come and go.

Why can't you comprehend it? We've had no one since him who's been anywhere near as good or exciting and for a lot of us he's been the best NUFC player to watch in at least the last decade. Players like that stay with you, I still bang on about Beardsley, Ginola, Asprilla etc and older fans still bang on about Tony Green who played 33 matches for us 45 years ago :lol:. The only difference between Ben Arfa and those players is they were here during better eras, with better players around them.

Why can't you comprehend it? We've had no one since him who's been anywhere near as good or exciting and for a lot of us he's been the best NUFC player to watch in at least the last decade. Players like that stay with you, I still bang on about Beardsley, Ginola, Asprilla etc and older fans still bang on about Tony Green who played 33 matches for us 45 years ago :lol:. The only difference between Ben Arfa and those players is they were here during better eras, with better players around them.

I can understand people talking about him, remembering great goals etc. But this fixation, following and constant talk about re-signing him?

Guest firetotheworks

Why can't you comprehend it? We've had no one since him who's been anywhere near as good or exciting and for a lot of us he's been the best NUFC player to watch in at least the last decade. Players like that stay with you, I still bang on about Beardsley, Ginola, Asprilla etc and older fans still bang on about Tony Green who played 33 matches for us 45 years ago [emoji38]. The only difference between Ben Arfa and those players is they were here during better eras, with better players around them.

I can understand people talking about him, remembering great goals etc. But this fixation, following and constant talk about re-signing him?

I haven't seen anyone seriously suggesting we re-sign him personally tbh, but if so fair enough. I wouldn't begrudge people for wanting something to enjoy though, he made the Pardew era bearable for me.

Why can't you comprehend it? We've had no one since him who's been anywhere near as good or exciting and for a lot of us he's been the best NUFC player to watch in at least the last decade. Players like that stay with you, I still bang on about Beardsley, Ginola, Asprilla etc and older fans still bang on about Tony Green who played 33 matches for us 45 years ago [emoji38]. The only difference between Ben Arfa and those players is they were here during better eras, with better players around them.

This. And you know I like the bloke and enjoy watching him play. You can’t possibly have watched our players today and still wonder why people are bothered about HBA

I thought he was signing for Dortmund?

Yesterday was the kind of game Pardew would have subbed him on late and he would have changed it immediately. Then we'd be all "surely he has to start now." and then he wouldn't and we'd just be all " :lol: What the fuck?" and it'd go on and on.