Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

I stumbled across the highlights to our home tie with Benfica the other day. He was vital to the goal we pulled back but that's not so much why I bring it up; at 3-2 he cut in from the right, shimmied, made soon room and whacked it just over. Even watching those highlights, knowing full well the final score, several years after the event - that moment engaged a real buzz and anguish as it went over. I actually let out a brief anguished "arghh." :lol: He was such an exciting player, and his good moments more than outweighed his frustrating ones. That's just what you get with players like that.

Fucking released him. Fired him. Alan Pardew and John Carver.

Fucking released!

Don’t, man...

:lol: We're obligated to scream into the void every time he completes a dribble until he retires. He should still be here, and it's just fucking outrageous the sequence of events that derailed his time here. It's too dumb to be true but we all saw it.

Fucking released!

Don’t, man...

:lol: We're obligated to scream into the void every time he completes a dribble until he retires. He should still be here, and it's just fucking outrageous the sequence of events that derailed his time here. It's too dumb to be true but we all saw it.

Not all Mike, some still blame Ben Arfa, oh well.

Fucking released!

Don’t, man...

:lol: You could probably get out of jury duty in Newcastle saying it was HBA's fault.

Fucking released!

Don’t, man...

:lol: You could probably get out of jury duty in Newcastle saying it was HBA's fault.

:lol:

Wasn't he playing as a false 9 for Nice, arguably his best body of work?

Nah he played in behind Valère Germain in the 10 role, Germain was brilliant that season as well. Nice played some brilliant stuff.

And there in lies the problem with some football fans- just make things up to suit a story

Nah he played in behind Valère Germain in the 10 role, Germain was brilliant that season as well. Nice played some brilliant stuff.

And there in lies the problem with some football fans- just make things up to suit a story

Steady on - asking for clarification of a hazy memory is different from making things up to suit a story

Well i watched them fair few times and that's how they played but OK, gives us your version of how you remember it.

Seeing as i just made those memories up apparently :lol:

Well i watched them fair few times and that's how they played but OK, gives us your version of how you remember it.

He played behind a striker

He played behind a striker

Which is what i said wasn't it ?

https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Rennes-hatem-ben-arfa-ecarte-apres-un-incident-pendant-la-mise-au-vert/992442

google translated-

It was the surprise of the Rennes composition. Hatem Ben Arfa was neither in the lineup nor on the substitutes' bench against OM, this Sunday in Ligue 1. According to beIN Sports, he was sanctioned after an incident during the greening of the match.

Assuming greening means training