Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

Big fan of him just taking the occasional 6 months off here and there, before deciding he fancies playing again. Has anyone else had such a stop-start career, but still managed to get themselves a top flight club each time?

27 minutes ago, Anderson said:

Big fan of him just taking the occasional 6 months off here and there, before deciding he fancies playing again. Has anyone else had such a stop-start career, but still managed to get themselves a top flight club each time?

Last 16 of the CL :lol:

Sorry. Was he a free agent yesterday and now a Lille player today? Why the fuck were we not trying to get him in? Atleast until the end of the season.

God I hate Lille. Not selling Botman and then getting HBA.

:lol: Mental career. After Pardew binned him off he played 8 games for Hull before going AWOL & leaving the country unannounced, signed for Nice in Jan but was ineligible so deal terminated before re-signing in Sept and being their player of the year. Went to PSG, played 20 odd games, went AWOL second season. Went to Rennes, was again one of their best players, won the cup, didn't renew his contract. Took 6 months off before rocking up in Spain for 6 months, played a handful of games. Joined Bordeaux in the September for the season, took another 6 month off, joins CL Lille in Jan.

He must fucking hate pre-season training. :lol: 

20 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

A 34 year old Ben Arfa is not what we need right now :lol:

Still probably better than what we're currently working with.

And I don't even say that with a whole lot of jest. :lol:

3 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Saw a CD of like “dad rock” songs the other day. Sum 41, Blink 182. That was when I knew 

When all of the DJs from your generation move to Radio 2 and they're playing the bangers from not even 10 years ago. They had Disclosure on the other day man, ridiculous. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

5 minutes ago, KaKa said:

If only! ;D

It sounds better than the reality tbf, I mean he's 34 and he's already retired once if I'm not mistaken. So life would probably mean 6 more games here, then off to the Bahamas for a couple of months before he decided to pop up somewhere in France again.