Newcastle United 3 - 0 Cardiff City - 03/05/14 - post-match from page 53

Mike

Guest Roger Kint

Short but fairly sweet from Shearer.

Yep, Thats him and KK making the point today

Guest neesy111

I would say that was a complete dig at Ashley and an in-direct dig at Pardew for being his yes man.

:lol: No mention of the Pardew abuse at all.

He's meant to be working for the beeb this summer I think

Nice he's got the time to spare,  assuming he doesn't get sacked he's got a fair bit of work to do.

Guest neesy111

They might talk about more on that daft MOTD review program at lunchtime tomorrow. :undecided:

missed motd. what did shearer say?

Along the lines of 'Newcastle fans don't expect their team to be competing in the top three, they just want to believe, they want to hope, they want to see their team go out and try to score goals, they want to be able to buy good players when they come available and keep their best players'.

Along the lines of 'Newcastle fans don't expect their team to be competing in the top three, they just want to believe, they want to hope, they want to see their team go out and try to score goals, they want to be able to buy good players when they come available and keep their best players'.

O0

when he was talking about signing good players and said "and when they do, they don't want" I thought he was going to end up saying "them sitting on the bench" or "training with the reserves" so close to Big Al joining #TeamBenArfa. I'll take him ending it about players being sold though.

Nailed it tbf.

They're going to completely gloss over it aren't they?  :hmm:

The Sky coverage was much better mind. The BBC aren't interested in anything than their blue chip teams.

Things went a lot better than expected today, but the abuse was aimed more at Ashley than it was at Pardew, we all know Ashley is the biggest problem, however removing Pardew is the answer in the short term and is more likely so it should have been aimed more towards him.

I'll tell you something though, I sit in lower level 4 and it was fucking brilliant giving Pardew absolute dogs abuse and watching him quickly retreat back into the dugout.

The banners were mint and it was hilarious to see them get chucked around when the stewards came up to confiscate them, and then have the Pardew out banner draped across the front of Shearers bar from the terrace above.

Problem was though as soon as we were winning and me and the lads continued to boo Pardew whenever he popped his fucking annoying face out was that people around us in the stands looked at us and shook their heads as if to say "WTF we're winning!! whats the problem?"

Our fans cannot, and will not see the bigger picture. We could be on a 20 game losing streak but if we were winning 1-0 there and then our fans would be content. This is the most frustrating and biggest problem.

I've just rambled on like a tit there, canny drunk, night night.

Guest Roger Kint

Our fans cannot, and will not see the bigger picture. This is the most frustrating and biggest problem.

:thup:

Indeed. Until fans boycott games completely Ashley can ignore protests completely, unfortunately we are always going to fill the stadium no matter what. We are left hoping that Ashley cares enough that he'd at least replace Pardew to clear some of the poisonous atmosphere, but there's no guarantee. Indeed Ashley seems to take pride in how little he cares about the fans.

We need someone to buy the club, but for the price the only people who will will see it as a comercial concern too and are unlikely to give a damn either. The only other hope is the outside chance that one day some government legislates for enforced fan stakes in clubs.

It was fantastic to see Pardew cowering in his dugout! I absolutely loved seeing him squirm like a little cowardly toad whenever he got up from his seat.

I walked out on 60 mins and was a bit disappointed not to see more doing the same. At least a few thousand had gone after 69 mins though. I couldn't bring myself to celebrate Shola's goal. Could not believe how poor Cardiff were, like. You'd never have guessed they needed a win to stay up.

The atmosphere from 45-60 mins was fantastic. I've been going to the matches since I was seven and I'll be thirty later this year, don't mind admitting I had a lump in my throat during that 15 mins of the second half before I walked out. I won't be going back whle Ashley, Pardew and co. are here.

As my Dad said to me on the way out, the apathy in the stands is strangling the club. He's right. More need to make a stand.

I realise I'm just rambling here but I'm just putting my thoughts down!