Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

The 20-year-old attracted interest from Newcastle boss Alan Pardew after scoring 16 goals in 34 appearances for the Spanish second tier side.

Perez started his career at Tenerife, progressing through the youth ranks, but is relishing his new challenge at St James' Park.

"I'm very happy to be here to start this new adventure," he told the club's official website.

"I'm very eager for it to begin and I'm very pleased to play for this magnificent club.

"Any football player would be interested in playing for such a club and I will earn my position to get in the first team."

And Pardew added: "We're delighted to confirm our first signing of the summer and very pleased to have Ayoze at Newcastle United, as a number of other clubs were chasing his signature too.

"He had a terrific season in Spain last year and is a player who we hope to develop further on Tyneside.

"He's only 20 but has a very good eye for goal and that's a great asset for any young player to have."

Young strikers are probably the easiest type of player to ruin as well. Good decision by Pardie, he's obviously fed up of the 3 month lull where players still show signs of their ability, instead of just working hard and covering a fullback.

@lee_ryder: Pardew on Perez: "He had a terrific season in Spain last year and is a player who we hope to develop into a defender on Tyneside." #nufc

:yao: The King has spoken

FYP

Man, dude needs to take some personal pride in himself. Very unfortunate.

:lol: The art of the Nigerian insult.

this is going to sound bad but where do nigerians get the stones to be ripping anyone else but themselves to shreds?

Hey, come on now. This is uncalled for, as I didn't mean any offence to the guy. Maybe you are a family member of his? If so, I apologize.

I'm just saying that by the age of 8 I already knew that before leaving for school each day, water and soap must have touched my body, and then lotion afterwards.

I'm sorry, but it looks as though the guys body has not had any kind of interaction with any one of those elements in eons.

@lee_ryder: Pardew on Perez: "He had a terrific season in Spain last year and is a player who we hope to develop further on Tyneside." #nufc

:yao: The King has spoken

The state of Lee Ryder man.

http://i.imgur.com/6mhghmR.png

Hmm. I always pictured him as a pathetic 20-something, got the job straight out of a part-time journalism program at some shitty local college.

I hope he realises that by coming here, he will have to practically teach himself. As a young striker, I'd be looking at our current strikers and thinking "who am I going to learn from?"

does it matter if he can play left back?

he will be playing left back, whether he has any ability at the position or not.

http://www.nufcfans.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/nufcfans_colback_sunderland_newcastle_transfer.jpg

[glow=red,2,300]INTRODUCING AYOZE PÉREZ IN[/glow]

http://i.imgur.com/FHrCkhj.jpg

Just saw it.

Yeah, pretty poor.

Indeed. :lol: Felt compelled to do something Rosie Perez related. At least I got that out of my system.