Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

Strange how hes been a better player in the Premier League than in this Division. Just like many I really expected much more from him this season.

One can argue a strong case for selling him on in the summer. But I do hope he drastically has a good change of form for the second half of the season.

I have always thought of his smartness as a player made up for his lack of physicality. Not the case anymore.

If he was behind Mitrovic he might have more scraps to feed off.

I wouldn't mind seeing him wide left, there's no way he can offer less than Gouffran does. It's like having two full backs, and his lack of defensive prowess wouldn't matter so much the way Paully D never moves over halfway.

I wouldn't mind seeing him wide left, there's no way he can offer less than Gouffran does. It's like having two full backs, and his lack of defensive prowess wouldn't matter so much the way Paully D never moves over halfway.

:thup: Perez over Gouffran on the left every day of the week.

Aye, he'll probably be still shite but I've always saw him as wide forward, I thought he looked his best in the Premership coming towards defenders from out wide. Not sure Rafa would allow him to be as far up the pitch as he'd need to be though.

Aye the main problem with playing him there is that wide men in our team are so deep a lot of the time that it's difficult for them to do much going forward.

I've come to the conclusion myself that he's more of a striker than anything else in English football anyway. His best form for us came when Pardew and Carver were using him as a striker(not through any great tactical nous) and at the time we all thought he'd be better a bit deeper

Aye, he'll probably be still shite but I've always saw him as wide forward, I thought he looked his best in the Premership coming towards defenders from out wide. Not sure Rafa would allow him to be as far up the pitch as he'd need to be though.

Aye the main problem with playing him there is that wide men in our team are so deep a lot of the time that it's difficult for them to do much going forward.

I've come to the conclusion myself that he's more of a striker than anything else in English football anyway. His best form for us came when Pardew and Carver were using him as a striker(not through any great tactical nous) and at the time we all thought he'd be better a bit deeper

agree

:thup: Perez over Gouffran on the left every day of the week.

What, and expose Dummett?

At least Gouf gives a reliable level of performance, rarely gives the ball away and tracks back, whilst Perez offers none of those qualities and his stats prove he's not worth a shirt.

Should have sold him in the summer, having said that can understand the thought process of giving him a new contract, there's potential there just not sure he has a role in a Rafa lineup.

Should have sold him in the summer, having said that can understand the thought process of giving him a new contract, there's potential there just not sure he has a role in a Rafa lineup.

He doesnt.like Mitro, if Rafa persists both these cant play in the team ever.

He was a disgrace again yesterday.ive given up and he looks like he has anarl. Shocking

Send him to Barnsley  and bring Armstrong  back.... Only joking , but think he needs a run of games somewhere.

If we sign another forward it may be worth loaning him out for a month or so.