Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

I thought he was one of our best players last night, certainly looked the most dangerous  until absolutely woeful decision-making and even worse execution let him and the team down massively. He looks vaguely promising whenever he's actually up for it; hassles and harries defenders and tries to force chances. But fucking hell, you just can't have any faith in him. Agree that Diame should come back in and, hopefully to God, Gayle too.

I thought he was one of our best players last night, certainly looked the most dangerous  until absolutely woeful decision-making and even worse execution let him and the team down massively. He looks vaguely promising whenever he's actually up for it; hassles and harries defenders and tries to force chances. But f***ing hell, you just can't have any faith in him. Agree that Diame should come back in and, hopefully to God, Gayle too.

So he was good apart from the bit that matters most!!!!

I thought he was one of our best players last night, certainly looked the most dangerous  until absolutely woeful decision-making and even worse execution let him and the team down massively. He looks vaguely promising whenever he's actually up for it; hassles and harries defenders and tries to force chances. But fucking hell, you just can't have any faith in him. Agree that Diame should come back in and, hopefully to God, Gayle too.

i thought it was a mistake to take him off, despite making loads of bad decisions he was constantly involved and getting in good positions - it might have paid off in the end letting him hammer away at it and it was always going to be tricky for diame to get involved so late

I thought he was one of our best players last night, certainly looked the most dangerous  until absolutely woeful decision-making and even worse execution let him and the team down massively. He looks vaguely promising whenever he's actually up for it; hassles and harries defenders and tries to force chances. But f***ing hell, you just can't have any faith in him. Agree that Diame should come back in and, hopefully to God, Gayle too.

That's pretty much how I saw it as well. He's one of the few that's willing to have to ball to feet in difficult positions too but we simply can't miss those chances and get promoted.

I still think he'll come good if he can up his confidence. The remainder of this season could be make or break for him.

Ritchie screamed at him after the first chance which clearly had an effect like. Not the best trait for a player to have like, completely folding whenever he's shouted at.

He's got no bottle imo.

didn't the commentators say he tried to go and have a go back at ritchie but gouffram took him aside and calmed him down?  perhaps it bothered him but not sure bottle is was the issue....ritchie was arguably out of order imo, after all he's a senior squad member who probably shouldn't be kicking off like that with younger ones regardless of his frustration

He wastes possession needlessly and his decision making and awareness is woeful.

It matters not one iota if he's willing to take the ball if 9 times out of 10 he's going to not doing something worthwhile.

They say that Messi supposedly loses the ball more than any other player in La Liga. Yeah, but when he doesn't he either scores, assists or lays on a key pass. Ayoze offers very little on the ball.

When we have a player like Shelvey, who's so good at picking out a pass, we're crying out to sit deep and play the counter with pacey players. We could have ripped QPR apart last night because they were willing to play so high up the pitch, but we just had no pace to exploit it. Holloway set up QPR really well last night and we had no answer to their high line with no pacey players to get in behind.

I'm obviously in a tiny minority but I thought he was okay tonight. Made too many bad decisions and yeah probably cost us two points but was always involved and made things happen, often through his own hard work (which people won't want to acknowledge).

That said, I'd play Diame and Gayle ASAP.

At least he got into those positions in the first place is what I think.

He should have squared the 1st one and got dogs abuse off Ritchie which I think then preyed on his mind for the 2nd one where a shot was the better option.

Looked proper dejected and bereft of confidence when he was hooked and there were some morons in the crowd booing him and cheering the decision to hook him which won't have helped his confidence at all.

Ayoze seems to have lost a lot of his agility that he had when he first joined. He often looks slow and cumbersome in possession now and very indecisive, so different to his first season when everything he did was done quickly. From my memory he often did quick little one touch turns to shift the ball, haven't seen him do that for ages.

I think he's been better the last few weeks, just those two nightmare decisions last night made him look a dick.

The problem is, decision making and end product in the final third is what being a #10 is supposed to be all about.

I think he's been better the last few weeks, just those two nightmare decisions last night made him look a dick.

The problem is, decision making and end product in the final third is what being a #10 is supposed to be all about.

True. Either way, although I don't hate him, seems inconceivable that he can contribute anything in the premier league.

He wastes possession needlessly and his decision making and awareness is woeful.

It matters not one iota if he's willing to take the ball if 9 times out of 10 he's going to not doing something worthwhile.

They say that Messi supposedly loses the ball more than any other player in La Liga. Yeah, but when he doesn't he either scores, assists or lays on a key pass. Ayoze offers very little on the ball.

When we have a player like Shelvey, who's so good at picking out a pass, we're crying out to sit deep and play the counter with pacey players. We could have ripped QPR apart last night because they were willing to play so high up the pitch, but we just had no pace to exploit it. Holloway set up QPR really well last night and we had no answer to their high line with no pacey players to get in behind.

Imagine Messi had joined a Pardew team when young :lol:

Imagine Messi had joined a Pardew team when young :lol:

He'd be a left back now.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest neesy111

Sounds like he's starting to play like we thought he could now.

:thup:

Though listening to the game, he completely seemed to go missing backend of the 1st half.  Seemed to be connected with every attach we did though.