Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

I'm obviously in a tiny minority but I thought he was okay tonight. Made too many bad decisions and yeah probably cost us two points but was always involved and made things happen, often through his own hard work (which people won't want to acknowledge).

That said, I'd play Diame and Gayle ASAP.

Would tend to agree with this. Not excusing the two horrendous decisions he made, but simply by getting into the position to actually do something he had a better game than the likes of Gouffran and Murphy, who did the square root of fuck all.

I'm another who thought he played alright tonight. Actually looks more confident now than I've seen him all season. He fluffed chances but he was involved regularly and was our best attacking outlet in the 2nd half (I missed 1st), which is something we've been short of without Gayle.

Tbf to him the Ritchie pass wasn't as cut and dry as people are making out. I saw the replay and the defender was pretty damn close to Ritchie so the pass would have had to have been played at pace and precise.

I thought this too. Would like to see a replay of it

Worked his socks off, for once went flying into challenges, won the ball numerous times, brought down long balls and laid them off well, and created his own chances. Two terrible decisions but aside from that, he had a decent game.

Guest neesy111

Ritchie screamed at him after the first chance which clearly had an effect like. Not the best trait for a player to have like, completely folding whenever he's shouted at.

He's got no bottle imo.

Tbf to him the Ritchie pass wasn't as cut and dry as people are making out. I saw the replay and the defender was pretty damn close to Ritchie so the pass would have had to have been played at pace and precise.

I thought this too. Would like to see a replay of it

The pass was only really on if he played it first time/without taking a touch, which tbf would have been easy to fuck-up (especially given the horror show which was his next attempt). By the time he had taken a touch, the defender charging back would have most likely intercepted.

Guest neesy111

Neesy pack it in man. You say the same thing about him every game.

He's struggling in this league, no question, but he battled for the ball tonight, he just did nothing with it.

Maybe it's because I'm right and your wrong, plenty of others have called him out over his none performances over the last 18 months.

That's fine and he's admittedly been poor in that period. Questioning his 'bottle' is pretty fucking lazy and tiresome, though. His balance and decision making on the ball hold him back far more than anything else.

Guest neesy111

That's fine and he's admittedly been poor in that period. Questioning his 'bottle' is pretty fucking lazy and tiresome, though. His balance and decision making on the ball hold him back far more than anything else.

I'd put decision making under bottle though, always think it's sign of a big weakness.