Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

Guest firetotheworks

Imagine how great he'd be if he improved his ball retention. Even when he's scoring/playing well, it's still there. That's what he should be looking to improve upon and if he does then there's no reason he can't keep that position next season.

Imagine how great he'd be if he improved his ball retention. Even when he's scoring/playing well, it's still there. That's what he should be looking to improve upon and if he does then there's no reason he can't keep that position next season.

Agreed, it's odd because when he first came his ball retention was very good from what I recall, he would always get out of tight spaces and rarely lost it.

He needs to stop trying to dribble via nutmegs/45 degree diagonal dribbles through the player cutting across him. Does it what seems like 9 times out of 10 making it highly predictable, and it never works.

Starting to look the player we thought he could be before we got relegated, lets face it he looked horrible last season and a fair bit of this before we pushed on a bit, good on him, even winning a challenge or two and his goals are usually quality and never scrappy.

There have certainly been stretches of form that have made me doubt his ability to perform to a decent level in the Premier League, but I think he's very rarely looked 'horrible'. He played a big part in last season and an even bigger part this year.

There have certainly been stretches of form that have made me doubt his ability to perform to a decent level in the Premier League, but I think he's very rarely looked 'horrible'. He played a big part in last season and an even bigger part this year.

Mostly my thoughts on him, too.

Agreed, it's odd because when he first came his ball retention was very good from what I recall, he would always get out of tight spaces and rarely lost it.

Nah, he always lost it eventually but it took about 10mins of them hacking away at him as he span round in circles. His retention was brilliant but he never got his head up to get rid.

Did he actually touch the ball with his intended flick for Ritchie’s goal?

I sit just ahead of the Gallowgate 18 yard line, the move was stunning, Slimani powerful header to Ayoze, neat back heel flick to Richie in space and the rest is a blur!

Great awareness from Perez to know that Richie was coming in behind him.  Actually great goal!