Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

Nice little feature here in the Mirror -

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/ayoze-perez-admits-meteoric-newcastle-4693587

His attitude to self-improvement really comes through, and also his determination to seize this opportunity.

He seems a very focused lad. He gets knocked to the floor 20 times a game and just picks himself up and gets on with it. He doesn't moan to team mates or the ref (a lot). Then when a chance comes, he's in the sort of positive frame of mind to take advantage.

Incidentally, I think he was criticised a bit harshly for missing that one-on-one against QPR. Those chances aren't always as easy as they look. Despite pressure, he managed to get a decent shot away and on target, and it's often a matter of luck whether the keeper blocks it or not.

Perez is a far better player than Cisse - he works harder, is more mobile and has far more skill on the ball. If he adds the ability to finish as consistently as he looks capable of, he will be worth a great deal of money. Even at his young age, he has far more vision than Cisse, witness his great defence splitting pass to Sissoko last Saturday.

For Ronaldo's benefit, I will also add that if he continues to progress he will be a far better all-round striker than Bellamy too - he is already more skilful on the ball and a less selfish forward.

Far too early to call him a great, but then, I never accepted Bellamy as a great either...!

Hope that if he goes a few games during this Christmas period without scoring that people (Pardew) won't turn their back on him. He's probably achieved more this season than any of us imagined in his first year

I liked the look of him out wide. He has a bit more space to run at defenders. I would like to see this against Burnley.

Tiote

Abeid.    Anita

Cabella                            Ayoze

Cisse