Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

Played really well again yesterday. He seems to be able to play in any attacking role, whether wide or central, advanced or withdrawn. But personally I'd have him as our main striker. He's able to get a yard on his opponent in all sorts of situations and I'd rather see him do that inside the penalty area than outside.

Aye I'd start him and use Cisse as an impact player.

Played really well again yesterday. He seems to be able to play in any attacking role, whether wide or central, advanced or withdrawn. But personally I'd have him as our main striker. He's able to get a yard on his opponent in all sorts of situations and I'd rather see him do that inside the penalty area than outside.

Aye I'd start him and use Cisse as an impact player.

I'd be worried putting so much on his shoulders tbh.

Ain't got any thing else. I'm not against us signing Ings for that reason.

Be lethal with a cabaye type playing him in imo

:thup:

I'm trying to think of a situation where Ba is auto gone, but Remy, HBA flanking Ayoze and Cabaye, Sissoko and Marv/Cabella/De Jong playing in a #10. Would be lush.

I don't think he's really an on-the-shoulder type of striker, mind. More of a fox in the box with really good link up play, the ability to run at players and ghost into the danger area from a slightly deeper position.

He's still surprisingly good at playing as a central forward though, for having a slight posture and not being used to the English game. If this is not just a flash in the pan, this boy could really be something special.

I hate to draw such a comparison and I'm not saying he's going to be quite at that level, but he reminds me a bit of a younger RvP, late Feyenoord/early Arsenal days. I pray to God our coaches don't make him bulk up and take the natural footballer out of him in the process.

I don't think he's really an on-the-shoulder type of striker, mind. More of a fox in the box with really good link up play, the ability to run at players and ghost into the danger area from a slightly deeper position.

He's still surprisingly good at playing as a central forward though, for having a slight posture and not being used to the English game. If this is not just a flash in the pan, this boy could really be something special.

I hate to draw such a comparison and I'm not saying he's going to be quite at that level, but he reminds me a bit of a younger RvP, late Feyenoord/early Arsenal days. I pray to God our coaches don't make him bulk up and take the natural footballer out of him in the process.

We both know that's exactly what they'll do :yao:

He could play a variety of striking roles, to be honest, he's got a lot in his locker. I have no issue with him playing as the main striker with license to roam, though, as long as the player who's behind him offers goalscoring, physicality and link up play. We'll see if de Jong fits that mould soon enough.

For now, I'd start Cisse as lead with Perez floating around him.

The guy is just supremely confident. You just see it in the way he carries himself out there, and the way he plays. Hasn't been over awed from the moment he first stepped out on the pitch for us.

Riviere despite having a lot of admirable physical qualities, always looked a bit nervous/panicky, and is clearly one that needs to get a few goals before he really settles in.

Would've loved to see him play off the shoulder of the lumbering, slow Mertesacker. My Arsenal supporting friend I was watching the game with laughed each time Cisse attempted to control the ball after making a yard of space behind the CB. I joined in. Cisse's movement is amazing but he can't fucking trap the ball.

Would've loved to see him play off the shoulder of the lumbering, slow Mertesacker. My Arsenal supporting friend I was watching the game with laughed each time Cisse attempted to control the ball after making a yard of space behind the CB. I joined in. Cisse's movement is amazing but he can't f***ing trap the ball.

What we sorely lacked was Sammy or (Aarons) running at Debuchy and Mertesacker.

So excited about this kid. The fact that he's actually a brilliant footballer who seems to play well at any attacking position and not only scoring goals makes me really confident that this is not just a flash in the pan.

The guy is just supremely confident. You just see it in the way he carries himself out there, and the way he plays. Hasn't been over awed from the moment he first stepped out on the pitch for us.

Riviere despite having a lot of admirable physical qualities, always looked a bit nervous/panicky, and is clearly one that needs to get a few goals before he really settles in.

Riviere will never make it in this league. It's not just confidence, he's just not that good.