Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

No wonder Rafa really resisted taking him off even if he was practically begging for a substitution. We're awful without him. So pleased to see the understanding he has with Rondón. Just hope he isn't out for long.

Shame for him, think he had a chance of catching rob Lee if he hadnt got injured today. So sad that if he leaves and we dont sign rondon, then Joselu and Gayle are our highest scorers in the prem

He had a handful of moments of extreme class, but I felt he struggled a lot this evening against Robertson's pace.

Yeah a bit, anyone would though. Not many fullbacks have his engine, and Pérez isn’t really a defender.

That bit of skill where he hit the bar was worth the admission alone. Not many could have shown the ability to produce it.

That was super filthy aye.

That bit of skill where he hit the bar was worth the admission alone. Not many could have shown the ability to produce it.

That was super filthy aye.

The commentary for this was pure disrespectful.  Just some comment about "oh, he somehow got through" when it deserved lavished praise for a moment of sheer brilliance.  Just shows how important media perception is for the narrative.

If he scored that second one I'd be an absolute fucking ghost. I couldn't even do language when he was dribbling.

If he spotted Rondon open back post we’d have taken the lead.