Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

That bit of skill where he hit the bar was worth the admission alone. Not many could have shown the ability to produce it.

That was super filthy aye.

The commentary for this was pure disrespectful.  Just some comment about "oh, he somehow got through" when it deserved lavished praise for a moment of sheer brilliance.  Just shows how important media perception is for the narrative.

Complete opposite from the NBC commentary here in the USA. Arlow White, Lee Dixon and Graeme Le Saux are pretty listenable and talked about the second touch in particular a number of times. I used to like Tyler twenty years ago, but he's reverted to The Big Match style of lauding the top four no matter what. Not as bad as Garth Crooks though - three Liverpool defenders in last week's team of the week, at home to relegated lowest scoring team by ten goals Huddersfield. FFS.

Proper love when arlo is in the mood he always says does understand the plight of our fans. Still nothing better than champion or drury going wild at some of our goals at home.

Minus Arlow’s game of thrones diatribe that would have made Mike[/member] cream himself. And minus that cringe Lee Dixon or Le Saux “Hendo” thing. Which was proper weird.

My favorite is Robbie Earle in the studio, speaks so much sense for us and really love how he passionately defends Rafa and our supporters and what we deserve and need.

Just saw the lap of honour, Ayoze seemed emotional. Could he be leaving regardless of Rafa staying? The way he’s been playing lately it wouldn’t surprise me if a bigger club have made a bid.

Just saw the lap of honour, Ayoze seemed emotional. Could he be leaving regardless of Rafa staying? The way he’s been playing lately it wouldn’t surprise me if a bigger club have made a bid.

Or a Spanish club. He may fancy a move back for personal reasons.

I can't see a bigger club here using him as anything but a squad player / impact sub. He's a canny finisher, but his all-round game has its weaknesses.

Had some around me in the strawberry corner who were apoplectic at him after his late misplaced pass :lol: Been immense for months and was good all game, yet still not enough

I wonder if his knowledge of the criticism of him in his years here has influenced his thinking in terms of leaving? He's obviously aware of it displayed by his goal celebration.

Ayoze loves being at Newcastle but his recent level of performance will have given him new, and very good, options should he wish to take them.

The club has to now convince him his future, and what he aspires to, remains here.

Eventually everyone moves on in football, but Ayoze has become connected to the club and region.

He may well fancy a move to play in the Spanish league but has Pérez ever even lived on mainland Spain? Tenerife is around 2000 km from mainland Spain. Someone from Gibraltar moving to England is less distance than someone from Tenerife moving to Spain.

He may well fancy a move to play in the Spanish league but has Pérez ever even lived on mainland Spain? Tenerife is around 2000 km from mainland Spain. Someone from Gibraltar moving to England is less distance than someone from Tenerife moving to Spain.

More cultural ties than anything. Food is way better in Spain for one.

:)  Yes, Newcastle is closer to Madrid and Barcelona than Ayoze's home is, although in fairness most people in his home town do support one of those two.

If he goes for Gini / Moussa money abroad then all good to me. ESP to a team like Inter or Napoli or a proper team in Spain. Ill  miss him and wish he’ll end up staying under Rafa.

I thought I was ready for him to go, but the revelation that he has a buyout clause means he is gone. 25m is beans these days, and we'll struggle to replace him.

Of course, it's another nod towards Rafa's departure...

Sure, he's been decent for us for half of the season but I can't for the life of me see the likes of Napoli being interested.  If he want's CL some club like Sporting Lisbon or Braga I could see.

Happy to be proved massively wrong, like :lol: Take the money and get Rondon sorted ffs

I really like Perez - however if we had an owner that would reinvest I would say this is the perfect time to cash in while he's on such a hot streak - however just like any transfer dealing involving NUFC it's always Catch-22.