Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

So at the moment, there is no manager, essentially no owner, the club has lost its two best attacking players for nothing and 15 million repectively, and there is no hint of potential incomiong transfers? Choas is the way of life at Ashley's NUFC.

Clearly the takeover has fallen through, so he's just going to sell off what he can, accept the inevitable relegation and gamble on bouncing straight  back......meaning we'll owe him another £50M for the pleasure.

Rinse and repeat.

This :thup:

Guest godzilla

Conspiracy theory: takeover price £350 mill including £111mill loan. Sell Longstaff, Perez etc etc, use proceeds immediately to pay off his loan, more profit on sale of club.

Actual theory: no takeover, just a s*** asset stripping owner.

Best to sell the better players before appointing the budget level manager.

If he has a buyout clause and I think Disco is right that he has, there is nothing anyone can do if that's activated. So doesn't matter if a takeover was only five minutes away if that clause has been activated nothing anyone can do

Was looking for a new contract and so it looks like they couldn't agree.

Can we expect the OGC winger to come in as a replacement maybe? Allan Saint-Maximin?

Seems we were in negotiations for him even with no manager.

https://www.nicematin.com/football/makengo-saint-maximin-boscagli-on-vous-donne-des-nouvelles-du-mercato-de-logc-nice-392104

Saint-Maximin reminds me of a Haitian Thauvin. Very talented player (great pace and very tricky dribbler), but his success would depend on whether he works with the right manager and is given time to adjust to the England. The reality of the situation is that he would be dumped on the pitch and asked to create everything for a manager that has few options and has only been with the club for a short period of time.

Just relegate us. We don’t need to bother with the season

January is the real test.

Of course all potential bad news is nailed on and nothing positive will happen, ever.

Yeh, I appreciate all his is premature but I'm struggling to remember anything positive the past few years so I'll stick with precedent and just keep my fingers crossed for a takeover.

Even if he doesn't go, we're still fucked without a takeover.

Guest godzilla

This is just confirmation that if there ever was a takeover it's dead in the water knowing BZG will have done all the numbers on all the players contracts and advertising rights for said players, so I would have thought there would be a freeze on selling club assets.

If a buyout clause is in the contract nothing anyone can do if it's activated