Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

Mark Douglas

@MsiDouglas

#nufc latest: Ayoze Perez takes flight from Tenerife... And heads into Magpies talks: chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football…

2:07pm · 20 May 2014 · web

After saying this an hour earlier:

@MsiDouglas:

Last I heard they had gone cold on Perez. He's one for the future and Tenerife had put price up too much. I'm chasing it up.

On the ball like.

After saying this an hour earlier:

@MsiDouglas: @EastStandRowM Last I heard they had gone cold on Perez. He's one for the future and Tenerife had put price up too much. I'm chasing it up.

On the ball like.

Woot? We ain't willing to even pay 2m euros? :lol:

Mark Douglas

@MsiDouglas

#nufc latest: Ayoze Perez takes flight from Tenerife... And heads into Magpies talks: chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football…

2:07pm · 20 May 2014 · web

From that article:

Chroniclelive understands that Perez left Tenerife after the conclusion of the club’s season over the weekend to talk to interested clubs, including Newcastle.

First comment:

CD Tenerife season ain't finished yet as they still have 3 games to play and still have a great chance to make the play offs...

So I don't think he will be on a flight !!

:lol:

As long as he's the sort of player who doesnt venture forward i think this will be a good signing. We need to sign people who will help the team maintain its shape.

The way I see it your board have seen an opportunity to snatch a promising player earning 600e/m with just one year on his contract and went ahead with it before it's too late.

Again, it's promising in the sense that you seem to have widened your catching net. Guy's had a great season in our second tier so, who knows, might develop into something. My biggest fear is taking a 20-year-old from the Canary Islands to England.